Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Nioh 2 harder than the first?

Also does it have the same upgrade system? I didnt like that at all tbh… 

 

 

ARTPOP

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Also does it have the same upgrade system? I didnt like that at all tbh… 

 

 

I think it's about the same, so I am also not interested. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i read the steam forums, game has also a lot of tech issues, sad what happened with team ninja after the "itagaki incident"…

 

 

*funny enough his latest game (Devils Third) is actually top notch.

 

ARTPOP

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

game has also a lot of tech issues

Oh boy that does not sound promising to me. I recently got into the first one and I'm absolutely loving it, but good lord the first challenge is already to just get the thing to make it to the title menu.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 4:03 PM, tikker said:

Oh boy that does not sound promising to me. I recently got into the first one and I'm absolutely loving it, but good lord the first challenge is already to just get the thing to make it to the title menu.

yup… those japanese console ports are often weirdly awfully optimized, and frankly too expensive for what they are most of the time.

And well Nioh has all the ingredients for a great character action hack and slash game, but i played all the betas and alphas (on ps4) and the full game just isnt "it" they changed basically everything i liked , camera, weapon degredation (i usually dont care about that but in the pre final version it was oddly satisfying and immersive) and lastly the kind of forced lock on is just a complete no go, completely "not japanese" if i may say so, most japanese games have a lock on, but you usually can completely ignore it, and often its easier without it too (also something i didnt like about Demons Souls) oh, and Im kinda an expert, i play only japanese "3d action" games (99%)

: D

 

Not saying Nioh is "bad" its just not really my thing and its kinda deceiving, because  visually (minus the awful lock on) it totally *is* my thing. 🤷‍♀️

ARTPOP

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yup… those japanese console ports are often weirdly awfully optimized, and frankly too expensive for what they are most of the time.

And well Nioh has all the ingredients for a great character action hack and slash game, but i played all the betas and alphas (on ps4) and the full game just isnt "it" they changed basically everything i liked , camera, weapon degredation (i usually dont care about that but in the pre final version it was oddly satisfying and immersive) and lastly the kind of forced lock on is just a complete no go, completely "not japanese" if i may say so, most japanese games have a lock on, but you usually can completely ignore it, and often its easier without it too (also something i didnt like about Demons Souls) oh, and Im kinda an expert, i play only japanese "3d action" games (99%)

: D

 

Not saying Nioh is "bad" its just not really my thing and its kinda deceiving, because  visually (minus the awful lock on) it totally *is* my thing. 🤷‍♀️

I don't thin it's bad at all. Some bosses and attacks are just straight up BS, but generally I find it great. The lock on is indeed a bit janky. A consistent auto switch after killing an enemy would be nice and sometimes it just doesn't seem to lock on and then you're dead because you couldn't see what happens lol. Outside of single enemy encounters I'm fine without lock on a lot of the time though.

 

Currently at the final boss (which is a bit of a let down honestly). Looking forward to the second installment after this.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×