Will this cpu cooler fit in my case & motherbord ?

savey

In theory it should fit, the 212 is around 12 cm tall and that case takes up to a 16.3 cm one. But do check the space between the top fans. Not sure about the clearance with that case.

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

6 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

In theory it should fit, the 212 is around 12 cm tall and that case takes up to a 16.3 cm one. But do check the space between the top fans. Not sure about the clearance with that case.

thanks! and wich one is better? the original one with the 5 3600? or the one i mentioned?

1 minute ago, savey said:

thanks! and wich one is better? the original one with the 5 3600? or the one i mentioned?

Ohh by far the 212 is better than them stock coolers.

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

5 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

Ohh by far the 212 is better than them stock coolers.

Thanks so much for helping me out here, for some reason my temp while idle is really high (50c) and while gaming arround 75c. so that will help me right?

11 minutes ago, savey said:

Thanks so much for helping me out here, for some reason my temp while idle is really high (50c) and while gaming arround 75c. so that will help me right?

Those temps are actually reasonable for a 5 3600, that being said you should be able to get a little bit of lower temp with the 212 and good thermal paste. Keep in mind, make sure your case airflow is set up properly as well.

Just now, Wayupthere said:

Those temps are actually reasonable for a 5 3600, that being said you should be able to get a little bit of lower temp with the 212 and good thermal paste. Keep in mind, make sure your airflow is set up properly as well.

hmmm, whats airflow if i may ask?

Just now, savey said:

hmmm, whats airflow if i may ask?

Case airflow explained .. it's the way how you setup your fans inside the case. ☺️

2 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

Case airflow explained .. it's the way how you setup your fans inside the case. ☺️

oh shit never did that, how do i get the fan to get the heat out of it tho?

2 minutes ago, savey said:

oh shit never did that, how do i get the fan to get the heat out of it tho?

You mean how to setup the fans? I mean it depends with that Zalman case you could fit 3 120mm front fans in the front, taking fresh air into the case. You could fit 2 120mm on the top blowing air out of the case and 1 120mm acting as a rear exhaust as well.

caseside.jpg

1 minute ago, Wayupthere said:

You mean how to setup the fans? I mean it depends with that Zalman case you could fit 3 120mm front fans in the front, taking fresh air into the case. You could fit 2 120mm on the top blowing air out of the case and 1 120mm acting as a rear exhaust as well.

caseside.jpg

Thanks! but like if i wanna get hot air out, just place them backwards?

1 minute ago, savey said:

Thanks! but like if i wanna get hot air out, just place them backwards?

Basically yes, place them which ever way you wish the air to go.

open-grille.png

7 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

Basically yes, place them which ever way you wish the air to go.

open-grille.png

Tbh, all my fans are the same way, would it make a big difference?

2 minutes ago, savey said:

Tbh, all my fans are the same way, would it make a big difference?

Airflow (negative/positive) pressure in your case does help with temps. All the same way as in? Any picture of your setup?

Ye, my leds arent working either no idea why, and only 3 fans are running 😞 will place a picture later currently in class

☺️👍

Thanks so much for helping me out

5 hours ago, Wayupthere said:

☺️👍

i was just playing gta, and like my gpu, mobo & cpu were all 85

12 minutes ago, savey said:

i was just playing gta, and like my gpu, mobo & cpu were all 85

Is this with the 212?

6 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

Is this with the 212?

nope, still with the original cooler & 3fans without airflow, if i do airflow with 5 fans & a new cpu cooler would it make a big difference?

3 minutes ago, savey said:

nope, still with the original cooler & 3fans without airflow, if i do airflow with 5 fans & a new cpu cooler would it make a big difference?

The reason why it's at 85 is as you said, you have little to no airflow. Get the 212, good thermal compound and setup your fans properly as I mentioned earlier to get a good airflow going. Airflow reduces temps.

Ah alright, i don’t wanna be stupid tough but i still don’t get the airflow part, like u do the side with the logo on it facing the outside?

14 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

The reason why it's at 85 is as you said, you have little to no airflow. Get the 212, good thermal compound and setup your fans properly as I mentioned earlier to get a good airflow going. Airflow reduces temps.

should i use 2 to get hot air out? and 1 to get cold air in? cuz i got 3 fans rn, ordered more

13 minutes ago, savey said:

Ah alright, i don’t wanna be stupid tough but i still don’t get the airflow part, like u do the side with the logo on it facing the outside?

Asking questions isn't stupid 😆 Just look at the pics I posted earlier. Specially the fan one.. it shows you which way the air will blow and how the fan should face.

6 minutes ago, savey said:

should i use 2 to get hot air out? and 1 to get cold air in? cuz i got 3 fans rn, ordered more

Preferably you should try to get a 1:1 ratio.. positive pressure, which will also keep the dust buildup to a minimum also reducing component heat. I'd suggest 1 fan at the back blowing OUT, 2 on top blowing OUT and then 3 in the front blowing IN.

but i mean, for now, what would you suggest? only got 3 currently.