Can an ATX PSU replace proprietary current power adapters?

I lost the power adapter for my Google Home Mini. Can I power my Google Home Mini with an ATX PSU instead?

Google Home Mini takes 5V 1.8A.

Is this what the port looks like on it? I've not actually seen one in person so I had to look it up. Based on what I'm seeing and the power requirement you said, that's just a USB micro charging cable, and you can plug it into any phone charger that provides 1.8A or more (many are 2A+).

google-home-mini-0121-006.jpg

Isn't it just a micro USB input?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, 38034580 said:

Can I power my Google Home Mini with an ATX PSU instead?

Its should be just a normal 5V DC adapter. It shouldnt be hard to find one, i got a lot of spare from remote control battery charger. But the pre refresh is just a micro USB, so just use a phone charger.

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Isn't it just a micro USB input?

the Nest refresh switches to a DC adapter. Looks like this.

Google Nest Mini charging pin

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

the Nest refresh switches to a DC adapter. Looks like this.

Fair point but I assume OP is using the og with micro USB as they did not specify a Nest.

And either way, powering it with a PC PSU is a dumb idea. If you have to ask how, you aren't capable of doing so safely.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

13 minutes ago, 38034580 said:

I lost the power adapter for my Google Home Mini. Can I power my Google Home Mini with an ATX PSU instead?

Google Home Mini takes 5V 1.8A.

Why not just get a replacement mains adapter, from Google?

Or would it be cheaper to replace the thing...?

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

And either way, powering it with a PC PSU is a dumb idea. If you have to ask how, you aren't capable of doing so safely.

Definitely... ATX PSU's are easier to get, but you can replace the flaming thing for the same spend.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

29 minutes ago, ramava said:

Is this what the port looks like on it? I've not actually seen one in person so I had to look it up. Based on what I'm seeing and the power requirement you said, that's just a USB micro charging cable, and you can plug it into any phone charger that provides 1.8A or more (many are 2A+).

google-home-mini-0121-006.jpg

Phone chargers supply 5V 1A.

20 minutes ago, 38034580 said:

Phone chargers supply 5V 1A.

Newer ones supply a lot more. This one for example supplies 2.0A. That was one of the first results from Amazon when I search samsung phone charger.

cMS5E1Y.png