PC Vastly underperforming, done everything I can think of, still runs terribly.

2 minutes ago, 0hkie said:

Ooooh I see. If this adds to anything, the SSD was a very recent addition, only had it a few weeks. 

Ive been having these very bad underperforming issues since ive had the pc, which was 2 years ago.

Still be a good idea to move it up to the slot above your GPU so it'll stop throttling the GPU anyway.

1 minute ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Also make sure you have your memory in the right slots, you want to use A2 and B2:

231590111_b450-fMemoryConfig.PNG.d32c397213d75fb724ab7deafa30580f.PNG

And furthermore make sure XMP (DOCP) is enabled. 

Yes, this is where my ram is seated right now.

2 minutes ago, ramava said:

Still be a good idea to move it up to the slot above your GPU so it'll stop throttling the GPU anyway.

Okay, I shall.

You've talked about updating the BIOS, but did you ever do a Load Defaults after? If you did, are you adjusting anything other than boot priority (if needed) and turning on XMP?

Also, two things that might help diagnose where the problem is, a benchmark from say, Cinebench R23 to show CPU performance specifically. And one from 3dMark TimeSpy to show GPU and CPU performance separately. You can install the Demo version of 3dmark from Steam to get it run a TimeSpy benchmark. You just click Download Demo on the right side a little ways down. At the end there's a screen with separate GPU and CPU numbers, and then a combined score. Having all 3 would be helpful.

This is an example of what I have open on one of my displays at all times so I can always at a glance check clockspeeds, usage, temps, and memory usage for my CPU and GPU. This particular graph is from MSI Afterburner and its highly configurable. 

What you're describing would happen (among other reasons) if your 2080Ti is somehow not clocking up to its full boost clockspeed. 

Being able to see these statistics while in game is critical to troubleshooting something like this.

image.thumb.png.170369712149735569544d1e6e0d432c.png

28 minutes ago, rickeo said:

This is an example of what I have open on one of my displays at all times so I can always at a glance check clockspeeds, usage, temps, and memory usage for my CPU and GPU. This particular graph is from MSI Afterburner and its highly configurable. 

What you're describing would happen (among other reasons) if your 2080Ti is somehow not clocking up to its full boost clockspeed. 

Being able to see these statistics while in game is critical to troubleshooting something like this.

image.thumb.png.170369712149735569544d1e6e0d432c.png

According to my own afterburner, im running a solid 1800mhz boost clock when underload, perfectly fine temps too, I have no overlock on the GPU either. 

unknodwn.png

41 minutes ago, ramava said:

You've talked about updating the BIOS, but did you ever do a Load Defaults after? If you did, are you adjusting anything other than boot priority (if needed) and turning on XMP?

Also, two things that might help diagnose where the problem is, a benchmark from say, Cinebench R23 to show CPU performance specifically. And one from 3dMark TimeSpy to show GPU and CPU performance separately. You can install the Demo version of 3dmark from Steam to get it run a TimeSpy benchmark. You just click Download Demo on the right side a little ways down. At the end there's a screen with separate GPU and CPU numbers, and then a combined score. Having all 3 would be helpful.

Moved the NVME, did nothing for my performance.

And I have done all of these things, multiple times. Ill run them again to show you, but they call come back perfectly fine.

Same with bios settings, ive already done the things you stated.

Power cables to the GPU, are there 2 separate cables going all the way to the PSU?

By this point I would have done a quick Windows reinstall, latest drivers and one game just to test. 

17 minutes ago, rickeo said:

By this point I would have done a quick Windows reinstall, latest drivers and one game just to test. 

As stated in the post I made, I have done this several times already over the past 2 years, always the same performance.

7 hours ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Power cables to the GPU, are there 2 separate cables going all the way to the PSU?

Yes, both cables are plugged in and connected to the right places

8 hours ago, ramava said:

Here are my Multi Core and single core scores. Ran it multiple times and this was the highest it got.

d.png

9 hours ago, ramava said:

Also, here is the TimeSpy score, its the whole results page.

unknoddwn.png

Hmmm, interesting. 

I see you're using two displays. When gaming, is 1080p native resolution for the display you choose to game on? Furthermore, have you tried gaming without a second cable plugged into the GPU? 

1 minute ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Hmmm, interesting. 

I see you're using two displays. When gaming, is 1080p native resolution for the display you choose to game on? Furthermore, have you tried gaming without a second cable plugged into the GPU? 

Yes, im running at a native 1080p. Also, yes, Ive tried with just one monitor and it does literally nothing.

6 hours ago, 0hkie said:

Yes, im running at a native 1080p. Also, yes, Ive tried with just one monitor and it does literally nothing.

Have you tried actually unplugging it at the GPU end?

I have noticed that on my Gigabyte Gaming OC 2070 Super, having multiple inputs plugged into the GPU (even if the other end of the cable isn't plugged into anything) can halve GPU utilization. I've heard this reported with other Turing GPUs as well (usually Gigabyte cards IIRC). I don't know if it's some kind of VBIOS bug or what. 

Unplug all cables from the GPU except the monitor you want to use, then reboot. After the reboot, run the Superposition benchmark at 4K and see if your GPU utilization is high as it should be.

Also, you should fix the PCIe x8 vs x16 thing, that could be an issue at least in HZD (where Digital Foundry reported this was a problem). 

Ryzen 5 5600 :: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC :: MSI B550-VC :: WD SN750 :: NH-D15 :: 32GB DDR4-3200 :: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

I guess I'm out of ideas. I'm really sorry. 

One last thing to try (don't expect world changing effects however) is to toggle the hardware scheduling:

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/07/03/why-you-may-want-to-enable-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-in-windows-10/#:~:text=Microsoft introduced a new graphics,use the graphics processing unit.

End of the day, you are not crazy and you are underperforming for your setup. My thoughts lead me to lean toward the MB being the constraint in your situation. Maybe pick up a cheap x470 board? Would also allow you to expand your NVME storage in the future as well, without being limited in the PCI-e lane department (while giving you a more robust VRM setup  and stronger Proc upgrade path. 5xxx proc maybe?) 

Wish I (we) could help ya more! 

9 hours ago, Satan_Prometheus said:

Have you tried actually unplugging it at the GPU end?

I have noticed that on my Gigabyte Gaming OC 2070 Super, having multiple inputs plugged into the GPU (even if the other end of the cable isn't plugged into anything) can halve GPU utilization. I've heard this reported with other Turing GPUs as well (usually Gigabyte cards IIRC). I don't know if it's some kind of VBIOS bug or what. 

Unplug all cables from the GPU except the monitor you want to use, then reboot. After the reboot, run the Superposition benchmark at 4K and see if your GPU utilization is high as it should be.

Also, you should fix the PCIe x8 vs x16 thing, that could be an issue at least in HZD (where Digital Foundry reported this was a problem). 

I have tried this before, many times too. My GPU utilization has never been an issue, its always been where it should. So im really at a loss.

forgive me but I didn't see a specific mention of whether you downloaded and installed latest CHIPSET drivers from AMD? complete shot in the dark. The next steps for me would be to find a way to start testing other hardware, by whatever means possible, to find out what isn't working right. Obviously that is going to cost money unless you have a bunch of nerd friends who trust you enough to loan you their stuff. best of luck.