PC Vastly underperforming, done everything I can think of, still runs terribly.

My Specs are as follows.
  • RTX 2080TI (No overclock - Have tried and doesnt do anything)
  • Ryzen 2700x (no overclock - Have tried and doesnt do anything)
  • 16GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz
  • Games installed on a NVME SSD
  • Playing in 1080p @ 144hz
So, I always have FPS issues with literally every game I play. Ive had this PC for about a year and NEVER found the cause, nor do I know what else to do as ive done seemingly everything.
Below are a list of games and their average FPS.

Biggest example: - I have been playing Days Gone, with my spec people have been getting frames with an average of 140fps, @ 1080p max settings. With Dips to no less than 100. Im getting an average of 70fps with dips into the low 50's all the time, lowest ive seen is 49fps thus far. Its not like its a stutter to that frame, its @ 49fps until I move away from that area, then when I come back the frames tank again, even then, the highest ive ever seen it go it 90, and thats in the middle of nowhere with nothing on screen. Even with everything happening benchmarks show specs like mine never dropping to 49, hell not even dropping below 100. This should NOT be happening with a PC like this, below are more examples. Ive done everything I can, please help.

Below are more examples of my terrible frames. Its been this way for the 2 years ive had it and NEVER been able to fix it;

• Call of Duty: Warzone - Average of 60fps with frequent dips to 52 fps @ 1080p (changing settings from highest to lowest settings does literally nothing).
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops, Cold War - Average of 60fps with frequent dips to 55 fps @ 1080p (changing settings from highest to lowest settings does very little)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - Average of 40fps without raytracing, average of 30 with raytracing @ 1080p (Changing from highest to lowest settings only gives me about 10 more fps).
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn - Average of 55fps @ 1080p, changing from highest to lowest settings nets me about 20fps giving me an average of 75fps but still dips below 60 in some areas).
  • DayZ: Standalone - Average of 50fps @ 1080p, changing settings doesnt do anything.
  • World of Warcraft - Average of 52fps @ 1080p (Changing from highest settings to the lowest settigns nets a huge performance gain, this is the only game that has this effect. Ill sit at about 100fps with everything as low as it can go)
  • Valorant - Average of 120fps @ 1080p (Changing from highest to lowest settings changed the average to about 140fps, also @ 1080p)
  • Escape from Tarkov - Average of 50fps @ 1080p with drops to 45fps fairly often (Changing settings does practically nothing)
These are just a FEW examples, this is a trend with literally every single game I play , Performance is abhorrent, with a PC like this I should easily pass the 60fps mark and given what ive seen on Youtube with the same build, should easily pass 100fps in most games even at their highest settings.
Ive reinstalled windows a slough of times over the past year, run plenty of benchmarks that all came back perfectly fine, done plenty of clean driver installs using DDU, used old drivers new ones etc. Ive installed new and old chipset drivers for my motherboard and CPU, tried to overclock, underclock I have tried literally everything. Temps come back perfectly fine in every test and even while playing.
All of the above done in an effort to fix the performance, also, I have switched the Ram and GPU with replacements to see if it fixes it and no, it doesnt.
For those who are going to tell me that I need to play @ 1440p - I understand but dont. Various Youtube benchmarks, Youtubers with similar builds or even ones that are worse etc all play at 1080p and get much better frames than I do. Not only that but I should still easily be passing 60fps on mostly every game that I play, regardless of me being on 1080p or not.
If anyone has ANY clue on what to do, please let me know I am desperate to get this shit fixed.

2 minutes ago, 0hkie said:
  • 16GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz
  •  

Is this single channel

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Do you have XMP enabled and memory installed in the correct slots for dual channel?

2 minutes ago, davemc said:

Is this single channel

No, this is dual channel

1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

Do you have XMP enabled and memory installed in the correct slots for dual channel?

Yes, its running in dual channel and XMP is enabled. I have tried enabled and disabling, makes practically no difference.

Just now, 0hkie said:

Yes, its running in dual channel and XMP is enabled. I have tried enabled and disabling, makes practically no difference.

Have you confirmed this with the CPU-Z memory tab?

When was the last time you completely wiped your drive and did a clean windows install?

Just now, MadGoatHaz said:

Temps, both CPU and GPU. 

I'm thinking throttling.

No throttling at all, Core clocks on both the GPU and CPU stay where they are meant to be, I have an AIO on the CPU also, temps never go above 70c, GPU temp sits at 65-70c also.

2 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Have you confirmed this with the CPU-Z memory tab?

Yes, I have. Heres a screenshot too

unknown.png

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

When was the last time you completely wiped your drive and did a clean windows install?

Ive done it several times to see if it fixes it, last time was about a week ago. It never helps.

1 minute ago, MadGoatHaz said:

What motherboard? What pcie slot so you have the GPU in? 

Motherboard is a B450-F Gaming, GPU is slotted in the top slot (closest to the CPU)

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

post the GPU-Z of your GPU?

Here ya go.

unknowns.png

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

Your slot is running at 8x.

image.png.f5602872345982210cffc5cb3fe6ddcc.png

You'll have to do some BIOS hunting to figure out why.

I just saw that as well. This could be the issue... 8x @ 3.0 is still pretty fast though, SLIed cards run at 8x for instance and are "fine". But, OP, have you done a BIOS update..? Good ol AMD can always benefit from a BIOS update. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

6 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

214619006_b450-fM.2Config.PNG.400f8dd208b836db02833b65d0012dbd.PNG

Looks like your NVME is dumping your PCI-e lanes to 8x. This could contribute to your problem.

Hm, ive looked around in the bios, no setting to change it or anything. No other PCIE slots are in use either.

And upon googling it being in X8 doesnt have much, if any effect on performance. According to google that is.

10 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

I just saw that as well. This could be the issue... 8x @ 3.0 is still pretty fast though, SLIed cards run at 8x for instance and are "fine". But, OP, have you done a BIOS update..? Good ol AMD can always benefit from a BIOS update. 

Its been this way for 2 years, Bios updates have never fixed the issue so im unsure what to do at this point.

--Added, looks as though you have your NVME in the bottom m.2_2 slot, this will reduce your PCI-e_x16_1 slot to 8x.

Move your NVME to the top slot, this might clear up your problems

1 minute ago, 0hkie said:

Its been this way for 2 years, Bios updates have never fixed the issue so im unsure what to do at this point.

Its been what way for 2 years? If there is an updated BIOS, update it... Maybe something was finally fixed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

Its been what way for 2 years? If there is an updated BIOS, update it... Maybe something was finally fixed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

As in, ive updated it throughout the years. Im on their 28/01/2021 bios version right now.

5 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

--Added, looks as though you have your NVME in the bottom m.2_2 slot, this will reduce your PCI-e_x16_1 slot to 8x.

Move your NVME to the top slot, this might clear up your problems

Ooooh I see. If this adds to anything, the SSD was a very recent addition, only had it a few weeks. 

Ive been having these very bad underperforming issues since ive had the pc, which was 2 years ago.

Also make sure you have your memory in the right slots, you want to use A2 and B2:

231590111_b450-fMemoryConfig.PNG.d32c397213d75fb724ab7deafa30580f.PNG

And furthermore make sure XMP (DOCP) is enabled.