A sub forum that will accept posting from old browsers

Rex Hite

If there was a safe, (sandboxed?) sub-forum that would accept posts from vintage systems and old browsers.

I think it would be fun if enthusiasts could submit text and photos from old computers, using that old computer.

For instance,

"this is a photo of my vintage win98 Pentium 3 PC. I edited the photo in Photoshop 3.0 and am using Netscape to login and post this"

Just for fun .

I have no idea if it is possible to incorporate that capability while still keeping the main forum at a safe arm's length.

Not an admin here, but I don't know how that would be possible to implement as a part of this forum. You're probably better off finding a dedicated forum that still works on older browsers. I think WinWorld works on old versions of IE. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Considering the forum is https, I don't think there's any way for it to allow access from old incompatible browsers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, Rex Hite said:

Netscape to login and post this

I don't think Netscape can even load this forum

FireFox 2.0 will load the forum, but the formatting is broken.

That would probably require Invision to be bothered.

While I guess it's an interesting feature (for a tech forum) uhh..

Good luck with that lol.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

This wont happen. Even I know that its pretty much impossible to have subforum-wide rules such as this. Subforums are controlled mainly with simple rules that relate to either user groups or permission groups (ie. Classifieds). Thats pretty simple database stuff.

You are asking that forum would have loose security features for browsers that give out ID of something-something. There's no benefits for that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv