RTX 3080 family

onelife2live

I been researching on GPU for quite sometimes now. I know the difference is the memory that it runs on. It so confusing when they have RTX 3080 with different name brands and performance.  How do I know which is a good deal and which is just overpriced? I wish there is a website that detail everything on just 3080 version. Also with others GPU versions instead of comparing 3070 to 3080 or 3060 to 3090

Anything that isn't a Founders Edition at MSRP is overpriced.

DONE. 😎

All of the good custom cards are like a $150+ premium (if also at MSRP), for minimal performance gains.

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

All the 3080's will have 10GB of VRAM so the differences just come down to cooler design and adjustments to the boost clock (from a high level perspective, aka all you need to worry about). 

Right now, it really just comes down to if you're willing to pay the asking price over MSRP IF you're presented with an opportunity to buy as that alone is so rare as it is. 

MSRP's for any given card can just be googled if you're unsure. 

So far I've been able to get two three Founders Edition cards from Best Buy for their original MSRP on three separate occasions (3070, 3080 and 3090) so its absolutely still possible. 

I'm not entirely sure that the gpu's aren't binned for AIB's that overclock. In fact, all of the 2080 ti's that were factory overclock were most definitely binned, as nvidia gave the die different designation.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your input. The new video Linus posted up really explain in detail. I was so confused with TI, super, and etc. I see the difference when it comes to those graphics card. I do a lot of video editing so I have to know which is good to video editing