Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crysis Remastered trilogy

Summary

As of yesterday, Crytek has confirmed a full remastering of all three Crysis games in one bundle, with the ability to to purchase 2 and 3 on their own. It is set to release in the fall. 

ip23Bx7.thumb.jpg.5c733550bcff14337eb3b467804c2762.jpg

Quotes

Quote

Crytek today announced that the Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch for consoles and PC this fall. The Crysis Remastered Trilogy features the single-player remasters of Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3, optimized in partnership with Saber Interactive for today's consoles and PC hardware. The three-game bundle will be available on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and for PC, with the game playing even smoother on next gen PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Crysis Remastered is available for these platforms now, and the remasters of Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 will also be made available separately.- Official Crytek website 

 

My thoughts

As with the Uncharted 4 PC release, I'm quite excited. It always bothered me that Crysis 3 never got the chance to release on the PS4 and XBox One prior. Will they include Crysis: Warhead in this remastering? 

 

Sources

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1399745392540008448

https://www.crytek.com/news/crysis-remastered-trilogy-will-launch-in-fall-2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

gaming? not tech.

I guess it's kinda cool to see some of them come back.

If there was an addition of cool tech, then maybe it could be a fun to see.

TBF on the guidelines it says "tech/gaming" 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PC is going to go thermonuclear trying to run this.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the Crysis remaster actually any good? Seemed like kind of a low effort remaster. Maybe it's a bit much to ask for, but I thought it would've been more along the lines of a total remake rather than just some texture and lighting updates.

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't remaster of original Crysis pretty terrible? It wasn't particularly great improvement and it ran like dog poo on RTX 3090.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | ASUS Strix X570-E | G.Skill 32GB 3733MHz CL16 | PALIT RTX 3080 10GB GamingPro | Samsung 850 Pro 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB | Sound Blaster AE-9 MUSES Edition | Altec Lansing MX5021 Nichicon/MUSES Edition

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Was the Crysis remaster actually any good? Seemed like kind of a low effort remaster. Maybe it's a bit much to ask for, but I thought it would've been more along the lines of a total remake rather than just some texture and lighting updates.

Not really. It has/had (at launch at least) the same issues as the original, including being single threaded, and was based on the console version instead of the PC version. The graphics have improved a little bit, but in my opinion a lot of detail was lost on the suits and they've almost look too smooth now in my opinion. This video sums it up pretty nicely. They haven't really done it justice in my opinion. I don't remember if it was a popular series, but I would have loved to see a Resident Evil 1 style remaster or Resident Evil 2 style remake of it.

 

I truly hope they take the PC as base versions for 2 and 3, because they already look quite good and if they again take a console base I fear a similar outcome. Hopefully the "backwards compatible with PS5" is a good indication they're going all out... (or they just messed up that slide).

 

@One-Hit Obliteratorthere is a teaser-trailer available, doesn't show much, but maybe nice to be added to the post:

 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first Crysis game remaster is a major disappointment, with the original game looking and playing better in many big ways (including the water, which looks gorgeous in the original, but looks atrocious in the remaster). For the game which outright won and ended the graphics wars when it released in 2007, and which is used as a meme to denote graphical indulgence, that's not living-up to its identity or to people's expectations.

 

Rather than see a remaster of 2 and 3, which might be equally disappointing, I would prefer to see a proper job done on remastering the first Crysis. IMO, the Crysis "remaster" isn't that - it's just a spin on the original, mostly for the worse.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS stop making remakes and remasters make new games instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait I thought Crysis was just a benchmark

/s

You're telling me it's a game?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say I'm excited to see what a remastered Crysis 3 looks like, but after seeing the remaster of the original my expectations are quite low. After all these years I'd really like to see another game added to the series, rather than remakes of games I've already played. Maybe these remasters are a way of raising money to create a new game. One could only hope.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

 

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

 

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

 

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Wait I thought Crysis was just a benchmark

/s

You're telling me it's a game?

Yes it is, I don't get this meme, game is fairly solid.

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

All nice, though they could've done better for the original one... 

Also shame no multiplayer, the game was so fun in mp with nanosuit.

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see. Hopefully it runs better for us Radeon users as been reported by many on /r/AMD about CryEngine based games. Hopeful with seeing them mention current gen console support and modern hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spindel said:

FFS stop making remakes and remasters make new games instead.

It's a lot easier, cheaper, and faster to remake games, even more so to remaster them. The ROI is pretty high, and they typically do games that were popular and are likely to sell well.

 

But it's interesting they bothered to remaster the PC melter Crysis and it looks worse than Hunt Showdown.

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

The first Crysis game remaster is a major disappointment, with the original game looking and playing better in many big ways (including the water, which looks gorgeous in the original, but looks atrocious in the remaster). For the game which outright won and ended the graphics wars when it released in 2007, and which is used as a meme to denote graphical indulgence, that's not living-up to its identity or to people's expectations.

 

Rather than see a remaster of 2 and 3, which might be equally disappointing, I would prefer to see a proper job done on remastering the first Crysis. IMO, the Crysis "remaster" isn't that - it's just a spin on the original, mostly for the worse.

 

 

Oh wow, thanks for posting the video. I'm just gonna pass this. This is shockingly bad. Water is absolutely terrible, shadows look artificial as hell and what really put me off was the garbage ass locked animations. Any game studio doing this physics capping to 30fps should just go bankrupt as they don't deserve to exist. It's one of dumbest things I've seen to date and always breaks entire game you somehow manage to unlock the main framerate. Which was the case with Bioshock 2 and Need for Speed Rivals. Game looks and feels like a turd with locked 30fps, and when you uncap it, any collision means physics will just sperg into oblivion making things fly around like they got hit by Saturn V rocket at max velocity. What Crysis Remaster does is even worse, whole game feeling fluent at high framerate and for some retarded reason physics affected objects are rendered at lower fixed framerate, creating this jittery horror.

 

I'm just gonna replay old games with my set of ReShade effects attached to it and I already know I'll have better experience. CAS will bring out insane details, FakeHDR will add depth to scenes color wise and using RTGI for screen space global illumination that uses physical ray tracing and it'll look WAAAAAAY better.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | ASUS Strix X570-E | G.Skill 32GB 3733MHz CL16 | PALIT RTX 3080 10GB GamingPro | Samsung 850 Pro 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB | Sound Blaster AE-9 MUSES Edition | Altec Lansing MX5021 Nichicon/MUSES Edition

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

It's a lot easier, cheaper, and faster to remake games, even more so to remaster them. The ROI is pretty high, and they typically do games that were popular and are likely to sell well.

 

But it's interesting they bothered to remaster the PC melter Crysis and it looks worse than Hunt Showdown.

not always, Bethesda said it'd be as much work to remaster their older games as it would be to make a new one. I mean have any mods even successfully remade Morrowind or Oblivion like they always say they will? There's a Unity copy/paste of daggerfall but that doesn't look any better than the original. It's still pretty lazy riding off old good-feelings to market the game you're selling twice, especially when your games didn't have much else but the graphics to begin with

Link to post
Share on other sites

As matter of fact the "destructed" version is missing features that the original had,

For example an entire level! - The helicopter level is gone

Missing/lower detail

Oh and the controls:

Just buy the original and install BlackFire's Mod Ultimate for Crysis 1,the original still has multiplayer with hamachi and programs like that.

Here is BlackFire's Mod Ultimate for Crysis 1 in action:

001.jpg

134.jpg

 

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

not always, Bethesda said it'd be as much work to remaster their older games as it would be to make a new one. I mean have any mods even successfully remade Morrowind or Oblivion like they always say they will? There's a Unity copy/paste of daggerfall but that doesn't look any better than the original. It's still pretty lazy riding off old good-feelings to market the game you're selling twice, especially when your games didn't have much else but the graphics to begin with

Well Bethesda sucks and as far as I can remember they've always made sub par products. But when doing a remaster it's literally just porting it to newer hardware and maybe some texture/model swaps. Let's not pretend like they haven't been doing that with Skyrim since 2011. For a remake they still don't have to worry about doing a new IP, new story, new gameplay mechanics, new art style and direction (usually), level design, music and audio (usually, outside maybe re-recording an original score) etc. There's a lot of stuff that just straight doesn't have to be considered in a remake because it's already done.

 

I assume you're talking about Crysis, which actually was a pretty fun game and got good reviews outside of the PC benchmark scene. I think remasters are a lot less valid than remakes, it's cool to see Spyro have more than 16 polygons, and it's not like a proper remake of MGS1 would go unnoticed. As much as I hate 343 and how they fucked up the remake of Halo CE, being able to toggle between old and new is pretty cool, and H2A was a MUCH better attempt. I'd like to think remakes give new players a chance to get that old style of games we used to have, while allowing older people that nostalgia, and simultaneously testing whether or not that IP is active enough to warrant a proper sequel. I don't know if that's actually happened yet though.

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I'm shocked that CryTek is still in business - I would have expected them to go bankrupt years ago. Especially after Star Citizen moved to Lumberyard (which itself is a custom licensed version of CryEngine).

 

This is likely them trying to win some easy sales to boost their coffers. I'll have a look at reviews when they're out, but if the Crysis 1 Remaster is the same one they're putting in the Trilogy (instead of redoing it properly), then I'll likely pass on this.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

To be honest, I'm shocked that CryTek is still in business - I would have expected them to go bankrupt years ago. Especially after Star Citizen moved to Lumberyard (which itself is a custom licensed version of CryEngine).

 

This is likely them trying to win some easy sales to boost their coffers. I'll have a look at reviews when they're out, but if the Crysis 1 Remaster is the same one they're putting in the Trilogy (instead of redoing it properly), then I'll likely pass on this.

Same. If trilogy is going to be "remastered" like the first game posted in video above it's gonna be a hard pass for me. It's not just bad, it's horrifyingly bad. And they'll charge 50 or 60€ for it. Screw that when it looks and feels like a massive downgrade.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | ASUS Strix X570-E | G.Skill 32GB 3733MHz CL16 | PALIT RTX 3080 10GB GamingPro | Samsung 850 Pro 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB | Sound Blaster AE-9 MUSES Edition | Altec Lansing MX5021 Nichicon/MUSES Edition

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

To be honest, I'm shocked that CryTek is still in business - I would have expected them to go bankrupt years ago. Especially after Star Citizen moved to Lumberyard (which itself is a custom licensed version of CryEngine).

The thing is that CryTek still has a lot of customers,and it still releases games.

It's latest successful games are Ryse: Son of Rome and Hunt: Showdown,

The latter is a cash grab live service though but people love it.

 

In all honesty,as a developer myself i find CryEngine as an engine that is difficult to work with.

Unreal Engine and Unity are the easiest to work with and have a lot of support from third party developers.

So if you want to develop a game Unreal Engine or Unity are the way to go (Unity is easier to work with).

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

The thing is that CryTek still has a lot of customers,and it still releases games.

It's latest successful games are Ryse: Son of Rome and Hunt: Showdown,

The latter is a cash grab live service though but people love it.

Ryse came out in 2013, so that's pretty old by today's standards. Hunt came out in 2018, but I don't know anything about it. Is it Microtransaction bait or something?

4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

In all honesty,as a developer myself i find CryEngine as an engine that is difficult to work with.

Unreal Engine and Unity are the easiest to work with and have a lot of support from third party developers.

So if you want to develop a game Unreal Engine or Unity are the way to go (Unity is easier to work with).

CryEngine was sick because it was a technological marvel made to push graphics to the utter limits. It being difficult was a trade off. Unfortunately that meant most devs just didn't use it, because it was too difficult for too little returns.

 

With UE4 and now 5, we have competing engines that are visually just as good in many ways as CryEngine.

 

Also look at SC - they started with CryEngine because of the graphics potential, but they ended up having to re-write massive parts of the engine because of, well, lots of reasons.

 

And Unity can make some damn good looking games, too. Subnautica uses Unity and fuck that game is gorgeous.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first Crysis remaster did get a patch that fixed some of the problems people have pointed out. It's still far from perfect but at least the devs are trying to redeem it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×