Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My simple PC build

Hello,

 

This is my personal rig and it contains

CPU: i5-10400F
MOBO: ASRock B460 Pro4
Cooler: Intel Stock

GPU: Gainward GTX 1660

RAM: CL17 2400MHZ Patriot&Kingston 8GB each

Fans: 2x NZXT 120mm, 2x Thermaltake LED White 120mm

PSU: Corsair CV550 80+ Bronze

 

There is audio interface in the picture used for condenser microphone and its Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22

I plan to upgrade it later on but my newest upgrade is NZXT H510 case and HP OMEN 25' 144Hz monitor because i mostly play FPS games.

 

Pictures are attached

 

I would like to hear what do you guys think, the cable management behind is not thae gratest but it works since its was built fast and i don't really care that much about the looks of it.
Also, the temps and full load on CPU are attached below.

 

 

 

20210602_104525.jpg

20210602_122237.jpg

20210602_130858.jpg

20210602_141111.jpg

I5-10400F | Gainward GTX 1660 | 2x8GB 2400MHz | 1 TB WD Blue | 120GB A400 Kingston | Corsair CV550

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sima01 said:

I plan to upgrade it later on but my newest upgrade is NZXT H510 case

otherwise the build is well made but that case is well utter trash when it comes to airflow. so next time when you are upgarading to more power hungry gpu and pcu i'd pick a better case.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

 

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

 

Tier lists for building a PC.

 

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

 

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

 

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

 

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

 

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

 

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SavageNeo said:

otherwise the build is well made but that case is well utter trash when it comes to airflow. so next time when you are upgarading to more power hungry gpu and pcu i'd pick a better case.

I heard things about that, but when picking a case i went with good aesthetic and price. Airflow that cpu gets from top and exhaust fan is really enough with stock cooler (tested it out with another case) and then i just got bored with the old case and wanted something to look good on my desk. 

 

Yeah, when I picked parts out I didn't want to spend allot of money because I really don't use more power than this build has and it really works great together, never encountered any issues in work or gaming.

 

Thank you for your comment!

I5-10400F | Gainward GTX 1660 | 2x8GB 2400MHz | 1 TB WD Blue | 120GB A400 Kingston | Corsair CV550

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Stock cooler in Intel CPU = Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ardwivedi16 said:

Stock cooler in Intel CPU = Pro

I can't tell if you are just trashing on my decision of using it, but let me tell you, it does the job pretty good.

I5-10400F | Gainward GTX 1660 | 2x8GB 2400MHz | 1 TB WD Blue | 120GB A400 Kingston | Corsair CV550

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sima01 said:

I can't tell if you are just trashing on my decision of using it, but let me tell you, it does the job pretty good.

I was just joking. Don't take everything too seriously

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 5:43 AM, Sima01 said:

Hello,

 

This is my personal rig and it contains

CPU: i5-10400F
MOBO: ASRock B460 Pro4
Cooler: Intel Stock

GPU: Gainward GTX 1660

RAM: CL17 2400MHZ Patriot&Kingston 8GB each

Fans: 2x NZXT 120mm, 2x Thermaltake LED White 120mm

PSU: Corsair CV550 80+ Bronze

 

There is audio interface in the picture used for condenser microphone and its Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22

I plan to upgrade it later on but my newest upgrade is NZXT H510 case and HP OMEN 25' 144Hz monitor because i mostly play FPS games.

 

Pictures are attached

 

I would like to hear what do you guys think, the cable management behind is not thae gratest but it works since its was built fast and i don't really care that much about the looks of it.
Also, the temps and full load on CPU are attached below.

 

 

 

20210602_104525.jpg

20210602_122237.jpg

20210602_130858.jpg

20210602_141111.jpg

i would put the front fans in side imo.

 

i hate the case too i mean $20 more could have dropped the temps imo

Edited by thrasher_565
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 8:43 PM, Sima01 said:

This is my personal rig

Looks nice and if you're happy with it that's all that matters 👍. Though yeah as what the rest said, the case.. Mehhh. And I wouldn't stick with the stock cooler, but hey if it works for you, you do you 😉

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i would put the front fans in side imo.

 

i hate the case too i mean $20 more could have dropped the temps imo

Its not power hungry system by any means and doesn't run hot, for what it is, its fine, there is no point in spending more money than you need.
At least if you ask me. I understand that if I put top of the line components inside it would probably run hot but i don't see any reason to buy components like 1080 Ti, 2080 Ti etc. because I mostly play League of Legends, use zoom, play CS:GO etc. Sometimes GTA V, planning to play No Man Sky and it all runs fine here.
Even if i wanted to buy something better I paid this CPU around 180€, MOBO was 100€, ram is like 100€ for 2 sticks back then, case vas 71.99€ in MediaMarkt, GPU vas 280€, power supply around 70-80€, including other parts like keyboard, mouse, monitor etc it was allot of money. Can't imagine myself spending 500-1000€ on just a gpu i wouldn't use. I don't even use this 1660 as I should hahaha

I5-10400F | Gainward GTX 1660 | 2x8GB 2400MHz | 1 TB WD Blue | 120GB A400 Kingston | Corsair CV550

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sima01 said:

Its not power hungry system by any means and doesn't run hot, for what it is, its fine, there is no point in spending more money than you need.
At least if you ask me. I understand that if I put top of the line components inside it would probably run hot but i don't see any reason to buy components like 1080 Ti, 2080 Ti etc. because I mostly play League of Legends, use zoom, play CS:GO etc. Sometimes GTA V, planning to play No Man Sky and it all runs fine here.
Even if i wanted to buy something better I paid this CPU around 180€, MOBO was 100€, ram is like 100€ for 2 sticks back then, case vas 71.99€ in MediaMarkt, GPU vas 280€, power supply around 70-80€, including other parts like keyboard, mouse, monitor etc it was allot of money. Can't imagine myself spending 500-1000€ on just a gpu i wouldn't use. I don't even use this 1660 as I should hahaha

we will see...you say that now but i seen it too many times that people got that case and had to spend more money on a  new case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

we will see...you say that now but i seen it too many times that people got that case and had to spend more money on a  new case.

 

My last case had no intake in front, can't be worse than that.

I5-10400F | Gainward GTX 1660 | 2x8GB 2400MHz | 1 TB WD Blue | 120GB A400 Kingston | Corsair CV550

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×