Are fast-paced games gone ?

Defective_Soul
On 6/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, Defective_Soul said:

"Me friend pedo"

Uhm you sure that is how it spelled, that sounds like something I don't want in my search history 😄

If that is it, doesn't look fast, honestly.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, Defective_Soul said:

The only games wich i can call fast-paced actyaly are 2 indie games ffrom itch (Anger foot & white)

IMO DOOM Eternal is faster than what I'm seeing here:

Also DOOM actually has good soundtrack. I hope the "music" in Anger Foot can be turned off or replaced heh.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, Defective_Soul said:

that's not about walking fast walking sim, it's about game beeng fast in first place, games wich make make you do 200 actions in one second and all those actions unique etc

Step 1) Run StarCraft2.
Step 2) Get stomped by an opponent (probably Korean) that averages at 300 APM and can easily peak at around 600 APM.

😄

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i haven't played crysis and neither village (Resident Evil is my favorite series,  but it died when they made it first person, its not RE at all anymore)

I can really recommend it. It has its quirks, but Village takes the best entries of the series for me and combines them. The atmosphere of 1 with the gameplay of 4. I think (hope) they're setting up for an RE4 remake.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 9/19/2021 at 2:19 PM, tikker said:

I can really recommend it. It has its quirks, but Village takes the best entries of the series for me and combines them. The atmosphere of 1 with the gameplay of 4. I think (hope) they're setting up for an RE4 remake.

Problem is, I can't play first person games without getting sick and they feel just unimmersive.

Literally the whole point of RE to me was always like a "shooter"* with actual 3D characters and realistically fast movement that don't make me sick... which honestly always has been the intention of it too imo...  as I said, its not Resident Evil anymore. 

I rather play the older games and stuff like Dino Crisis...those games are really special to me.

*that's besides the fact that you're actually supposed to dodge most enemies... called "juking " i can't see this working well in first person at all neither will these games be designed around that. 

How do you do something like this without a body... ?

Also tbh I couldn't care less about the horror setting,  to me games are always about the 'game play', i wanna dodge, shoot, melee...  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I dunno if Serious Sam series can be considered as fast-paced, there're periods of lull as you make your way about the game, but when Beheaded Kamikazes, Gnaars and Kleers (and an assortment of other other-worldly beasts/demons) come at you, it can get pretty hectic and frenzied real fast. The other game that I'd consider as fast-paced is UT3, I'd customized level with shorter time limit to achieve a certain number of kills, and have more NPC enemies present for an all out shooting fest.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2