Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disable critical battery shutdown android

Hello, just as the title suggests im looking for a way to disable the "critial battery shutdown" on android (8.0).

 

I know that this can harm the battery but i need it to drain the battery to 3V (Default 3.5).

 

I have seen tutorials for android with a low version but cannot find a solution for android 8.0.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not hook an LED up to the battery until you have 3V?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites

You cant. I am not sure what you are trying to do but I hope its not one of those "battery recondition" crap you see dime a dozen on youtube. If you are trying to do that, just dont.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Why not hook an LED up to the battery until you have 3V?

Because I want to use battery from 4.2xx volt -> 3.0 volt to get a bit more use out of 1 charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Propphet said:

Because I want to use battery from 4.2xx volt -> 3.0 volt to get a bit more use out of 1 charge.

Well there is a reason why you shouldn't discharge a phone battery to 3V because if you do, they can go poof (and they will, experienced it before, you don't want that).

 

If you want more battery life, give it a bigger battery. The device shouldn't care about size, only voltage.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Well there is a reason why you shouldn't discharge a phone battery to 3V because if you do, they can go poof (and they will, experienced it before, you don't want that).

 

If you want more battery life, give it a bigger battery. The device shouldn't care about size, only voltage.

Its an basic Lithium-ion battery right? Why can I by default discharge my powerbank to 3 volt but not my phone.

That it can go wrong I understand and have dealt with in the past (overcharging), just not finding a way to auctually get it working now a days.

 

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

You cant. I am not sure what you are trying to do but I hope its not one of those "battery recondition" crap you see dime a dozen on youtube. If you are trying to do that, just dont.

The battery calibrations are crappy indeed, just trying to get a few more useable minutes out of a already good battery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Propphet said:

Its an basic Lithium-ion battery right? Why can I by default discharge my powerbank to 3 volt but not my phone.

That it can go wrong I understand and have dealt with in the past (overcharging), just not finding a way to auctually get it working now a days.

Depends, you can also find LiPo batteries these days.

 

Powerbanks don't need to deal with high-current loads (unless it's a very strong one, but those usually don't discharge to 3V) while in devices, you can easily see loads of 1.5-2A, you don't want those loads to happen at 3.1V.

They are usually spikes, not constant loads which batteries usually don't handle very well because more amps usually makes the voltage dip. It's better to be safe than sorry.

 

Just don't take the risk and upgrade the battery.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×