Really Pissed At CoolerMaster

JFC
4 hours ago, StarsMars said:

Is that the aio + tek cooler?

yes it is

4 hours ago, Eighjan said:

Expectation of perpetual warranty transfer, until expiry, is not realistic... unless it's handled through the original owner.

Had you attempted to register the product with CM, on the day you received it, you would have found out whether there was any viable warranty.

Says I have warranty till nov 25th 2025.....

1 hour ago, JFC said:

Says I have warranty till nov 25th 2025.....

So; you would seem to be the first "registered" owner... it may be that they know how those units were distributed & know that LMG made them available & even know who (if it was CoolerMaster that sent them out) they sent them to.

It is an odd warranty example, but it may well be a clause in the warranty that has solid foundations.

Out of ideas where to go from here...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

FTR... if you recognise that an item is (effectively) a prize & someone is selling it, do NOT expect the warranty to be honoured; someone profiteering from a prize will - almost certainly - redact even a sealed unit's warranty.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

22 hours ago, JFC said:

I got a CoolerMaster Subzero ML360 AIO that was originally in a LTX set with golden sample CPU that Linus gave away. It was brand new sealed so Installed it and it works but is very loud. Contacted tech support and it took weeks b4 they said to do a RMA. So I did that but was rejected because it was from eBay. its ridiculous it has a 5 year warranty. If anyone has contact info for someone higher up there please let me know. See the video below

Video.mov 1.77 MB · 3 downloads

What were you expecting? Someone in forum to go "Oh, the ceo is my friend, I can get you a new one."?

While I think Cooler Master is doing exactly what they've said for warranty policy, I wonder how this affects other give away users. Maybe @LinusTechcan shed some light? At least how it works for the people who actually won the give away?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

18 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

The only part I agree with is that you should have never been strung along. It should have been very simple from the start. "I'm sorry sir, our warranty only applies to the original purchaser and we do not offer warranty on product bought second hand". Simple concise and done. Ive worked in retail electronics for over 20 years now and I can tell you that the way cooler masters warranty is written is the industry norm. At the end of the day this is 100% on you as the buyer to have researched in advance if the warranty was something that was important to you. And you dragging Coolermasters name through the mud for most of the reasons you've listed is shitty of you. As I said them giving you hope from the start was wrong but everything else they did is perfectly fine

Then again, the minimum-wage employee on the phone might not have ever been told that the product was second-hand by op.

I understand what there warrant says I just don't agree with it as this was new sealed just happened to be from eBay. It's just a excuse to reject a percentage of what comes back to save them more $..