A new version of windows is coming!!!

Bratstech
2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

While it is coming... in the sense that nearly every version of Windows 10, then have moved things to the Settings panel. I wish they would just get a team together to only focus on that task.

At this point, I'm quite cynical of the management culture within MS. I wouldn't be surprised if they develop a 4th settings area with a promise (pinky swear) to migrate all others prior to it going forward into the future. 😒

23 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Then you're new to computing. Let me tell you something, every OS serves up PTSD pretty well. I have yet to run into that mythical well running OS. They all have their own little demons to wrangle with

I’m 33 years old. I’ve been using Windows since 3.11. Windows 10 is by far the worst. Never had an opportunity to use ME, so I can’t speak for that OS. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I’m 33 years old. I’ve been using Windows since 3.11. Windows 10 is by far the worst. Never had an opportunity to use ME, so I can’t speak for that OS. 

I'm older by 10+ years 😉

Regardless, I would say Vista (and Server 2008 non-R2) was the worst. The entire Windows update and SxS (Side-by-Side) implementation was fundamentally broken. It couldn't be fixed without a whole new OS, and so it was with Win7 (2008 R2). And who could forget performance impact, data transfer IO just sucked...badly!

It was so bad, MS had to relaunch the marketing behind it with the Mojave Experiment!

14 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

And the name will be:Windows 10 v2? Windows 10.1? Windows 20? Windows Consumer 2021 to match the name of their server OS's, or just Windows.

I like the name Windows Marvell.

It popped into my head while I was reading this thread. Who knows what MS will name it though.

elephants

49 minutes ago, StDragon said:

At this point, I'm quite cynical of the management culture within MS. I wouldn't be surprised if they develop a 4th settings area with a promise (pinky swear) to migrate all others prior to it going forward into the future. 😒

Well, the Settings app has its GUI separate from the back-end. This means that the interface can be changed, even with drastic changes, without any or limited changed on the back. We have seen this with Windows 8 to Windows 10. Windows 10 continued where Windows 8 left off, and not go backwards despite a drastically different looking interface.

34 minutes ago, StDragon said:

It was so bad, MS had to relaunch the marketing behind it with the Mojave Experiment!

Doesnt this counter your whole argument though?  People didnt like Vista because of prejeduce and not because they actually didnt like it, and they liked "Mojave" despite it being plain Vista? And of course they would, Vista was awesome, to me it was the logical evolution of XP, which was already "good enough" Vista just improved it basically everywhere, especially usability.

And i dont get the whole compatibility angle, the only Windows version where the majority of my old programs actually dont work (without illegal and unsafe hacks) is Windows 10 (havent used 7 or 8 because  why would I, I had a perfectly functioning Vista machine)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Doesnt this counter your whole argument though?  People didnt like Vista because of prejeduce and not because they actually didnt like it, and they liked "Mojave" despite it being plain Vista? And of course they would, Vista was awesome, to me it was the logical evolution of XP, which was already "good enough" Vista just improved it basically everywhere, especially usability.

You really believe that PR spin from MS? I don't.

Vista didn't start to reach usable maturity until SP2; and I would argue it should have been that at least on launch. But it was still a flaming pile of 🐕💩.

4 hours ago, StDragon said:

You really believe that PR spin from MS? I don't.

Vista didn't start to reach usable maturity until SP2; and I would argue it should have been that at least on launch. But it was still a flaming pile of 🐕💩.

Vista was never really usable on lower end hardware even at end of life

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

On 6/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

Who the hell is running a 2021/2022 operating system on a 2005 computer

I have a friend that uses a Xeon 5130 and GT 520 on Win10. She does not look to be stopping anytime soon with that

✨FNIGE✨

On 6/8/2021 at 10:34 PM, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

Who the hell is running a 2021/2022 operating system on a 2005 computer?

For many people if it aint broke dont fix. I know an older couple that was still running XP. Why? Because they knew how to use it and they were retired and on a limited income. 

On 6/14/2021 at 12:48 AM, GoodBytes said:

New CEO, new culture, new direction. You are passing from a CEO stuck in the 90's to what we have now.

That's very true, but I'm fine with windows 10, it does what I need it to do, so there has to be something big to convince me to upgrade.

"In Human Society, There Are Very Few People Who Truly Trust Each Other."

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/15/22535123/microsoft-windows-11-leak-screenshots-start-menu

windows11lede.10.png
First screenshots of possible Windows 11.

I sure hope the start button in the middle of the taskbar is not actually a thing. God why. In the corner makes it so much faster to access it. In the middle? I would have to be conscious to bring the mouse right down exactly where the start button is instead of just shoving it in the bottom corner in a daze.

Edit:

Thankfully, from other images circulating around, it seems like you have the option to put it in the bottom left corner. And there's a "dark mode"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Apparently there's a leak of Windows 11 that 'The Verge' picked up from a Chinese forum Baidu. https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/15/22535123/microsoft-windows-11-leak-screenshots-start-menu

EDIT: Someone else posted the link at the same time. 

Those images from the new version looks pretty mediocre for me rn. 

Edited by Master Delta Chief

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/15/22535123/microsoft-windows-11-leak-screenshots-start-menu

windows11lede.10.png

I sure hope the start button in the middle of the taskbar is not actually a thing. God why. In the corner makes it so much faster to access it. In the middle? I would have to be conscious to bring the mouse right down exactly where the start button is instead of just shoving it in the bottom corner in a daze.

Yeah, not expecting much after this "leak". 

Captura de tela 2021-06-15 150453.png

If this leak is legitimate, I really hope it is one of the very very early builds otherwise why the fuck would they rename this piece of crap to W11 while all it offers is minor cosmetic changes. Anyways, it seems microsoft is not budging from moving away from this extremely shitty UI/UX.  

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

20 minutes ago, Levent said:

If this leak is legitimate, I really hope it is one of the very very early builds otherwise why the fuck would they rename this piece of crap to W11 while all it offers is minor cosmetic changes. Anyways, it seems microsoft is not budging from moving away from this extremely shitty UI/UX.  

It is.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-11/251941/windows-11-first-impressions#

Either every news site is hyping up the leak for clicks or its real. I hope thats a very early build or not real because it looks like Windows 10 with an even worse start menu and rounded corners on UI windows, and all the crap Microsoft won't let you get rid of like the action center.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

windows11lede.10.png

I started to gag a little at the start menu position. 

Told you guys soon for center taskbar 🙂

You'll have the option to move the button on the left side.

Fun story: The ability to move your mouse at the bottom right side of the screen and click with ease on the Start button started in Windows XP. In previous version of Windows, you had to aim exactly on the start button as it had these 2 pixels padding around it.

Untitled.png.f1553fcef38d58f22fdd6441dbc11110.png

(Highlight in red, is the padding I am talking about)

Apparently, Microsoft had a lot of support calls about the Start menu not showing, and the company could never figure why people had the Start menu not showing up at times for some users. This was due to the lack of telemetry data. So, they thought it was a rendering bug and not user error from a UX/UI design issue.

It was nothing more than an accident that under XP that the problem got solved due to them which made the Start button larger and at the bottom left corner of the screen without padding.

8 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I started to gag a little at the start menu position. 

I know right?
Thankfully, it seems we may have more customization option with this OS. As in, you get to choose where the Start menu goes. It was just that Verge staffer who wanted to be special I guess with the middle start menu.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

51 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Either every news site is hyping up the leak for clicks or its real. I hope thats a very early build or not real because it looks like Windows 10 with an even worse start menu and rounded corners on UI windows, and all the crap Microsoft won't let you get rid of like the action center.

Reaction was very positive for Windows 10X Start menu. This is its Start menu. No Live tiles either which was a big request as well. Hence why we have the News & interest on the task bar. It replaces the only useful thing the Live tiles were used for.

Forgot to say:

If you have an ultrawide (~1 monitor and a half) or super-wide (size of 2 monitors side by side, no borders) monitors, having the start menu at the center is better. More ergonomic, and you don't have to move completely to see the menu at the bottom left corner of the screen. As for aiming, if you have trouble, you have a key on your keyboard to make it show. So if you want it at the center, but having trouble, this can be solution.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

As for aiming, if you have trouble, you have a key on your keyboard to make it show. So if you want it at the center, but having trouble, this can be solution.

But this would require having both hands on my desk instead of just one. 😉😂
(I kid, obviously you can press the Winkey with the same hand as the one on the mouse 🤭)

It sucks that someone is leaking every facet of the reveal... ruining the surprise.

All I have to say, is wait for the reveal next week, where you'll see the big picture.

Obviously, Windows 11 isn't coming out tomorrow. And it's targeted for the end of the year.

So, plenty of time for development work.