Why does Linus think so badly of RTX 2060?

RTX2060Owner
1 hour ago, RTX2060Owner said:

Guys i don't know why this conversation strayed to 4K.

I am obviously aware that my GPU is quite insufficient for 4K. And that's fine, because it wasn't meant for 4K. Nvidia may have marketed it as a 4K capable card, but anyone with a brain could tell it wasn't. I believe that the 2080ti averages 50 FPS in RDR2 on max settings, 4K. So naturally, a card with a -60 suffix isn't meant for that resolution.

I just wanted to say his reaction was definitely overblown. This is a really decent card for widescreen 1080p and 1440p. So he definitely went harsh on it. This isn't the most powerful card ever created, but it is more than capable if you don't play in 4K, and you don't mind occassionally turning off some settings, like shadows or reflections.

I would agree that the ray tracing capability is kind of useless. However, the card kind of makes up for it with DLSS.

I don't even know why you guys talk about 4k that much. Most games don't work all that well on 4k even with very good cards. It's still a niche resolution. According to the Steam hardware survey, some 3% are on 4k.

I think it was the combination of poor rt performance and that there wasn't a significant uplift in performance from the previous gen. 

The 2060 could/can barely do ray tracing, and without that it performs no better than many other cards which came out around the same time or even earlier that could be obtained for the same price or less. 

If you are satisfied with the performance of the card for your needs, then there's no point in taking things so personally. The fact remains the 2060 was not a compelling value from an objective standpoint. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16