How many times have you been to the hospital (from getting hurt, not sick)?

Pickles von Brine

Over the course of my life I have been at least 25 times. Broken bones, cuts, concussions, dislocations and more. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

34y/o. Never (at least for specifically what you mentioned). 

13 minutes ago, Benji said:

When I was a child, I broke my arm three or four times (always the right one, except the fourth time, which was the left one because one of the unpopular girls in elementary school jumped in my back when I was sitting on something on the schoolyard), then one time when I cut of the tip of my right index finger with a bread cutting machine and it bled like crazy, then one time when I was too stupid to jump over the border of a flowerbed and smashed my right knee on it (where they had to drain the bruise because it was so fat) and then this March because my ulcerative colitis flared up (acute phase).

So at least half a dozen times. Although the latter probably counts as sick because it's a life-long ordeal, but it was the first and only stay that I had in a hospital over night.

Kinda sound like me but from what I can remember:
(ages)

Spoiler

Head injury (bleeding) - 4 - hit a tv antenna right in the forehead... 
Head injury - 4 - Slip fell hit a chair - 9 stitches 
Concussion and stitches - 4 - tree branch swing was tied to broke. 
Cut finger - Stitches - 5
Burnt hand - skillet - 5
Concussion - 6 - fell out of a hey loft
Concussion - 7 - fell out of a tree
cut - 13 - glass in sandbox - 7 stiches
Cut finger tip off twice in one summer - 11
2nd degree burn - whole hand - 12
concussion and face wound - 14 - went down hill, bike chain stapped, wheel went 90 and kept going. hit tree face first
Concussion - 15 - hit in face with baseball bat - stood too close
Concussion spider fracture of eye orbit - 16 - hit in face with elbow from dad starting water pump - stood too close
broken finger - 16 - fell off bike
Mental health Emergency - 16 - 2 weeks in hospital
Concussuon - 17 sucker punched in head
disolcated elbow - 17 - Fell and tried to grab something, twisted weird
Concussuon - 25 - Slipped and fell on ice in parking lot - Grade 3

That is all that I can remember. I have several other ones. My dad told me I have been in and out of the hospital over my life at least 30 times. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Yeah. ADHD makes you pretty accident prone. I had severe ADHD growing up and was on the combined spectrum (Hyperactive, Inattentive and Impulsive make for a bad combo). Didn't think sometimes when I did stuff. But most were accidents. The last concussion was the worst. 9 months of PCS. 

9 knee surgeries, 5 broken arms, 4 broken hands, multiple times in for stitches, neck surgery, back surgery, left shoulder surgery....uh.....oh massive concussions 7 times and 3rd degree burns on right hand, arm, and neck.  

That list doesn't include medical issues which required the hospital. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Hurt bad? Zero time.

Unless you count poisoning myself with floor cleaner when I was like, four (not my fault if that dumbass of a father of mine decided to switch the bottles around and put the floor cleaner in a 7up bottle in an extremely accessible place).

But I've been to the hospital a few times for other non-urgent things since the clinics were fully booked. And been there as support for others..............

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

9 knee surgeries, 5 broken arms, 4 broken hands, multiple times in for stitches, neck surgery, back surgery, left shoulder surgery....uh.....oh massive concussions 7 times and 3rd degree burns on right hand, arm, and neck.  

That list doesn't include medical issues which required the hospital. 

O_O Good lord. I thought I was bad XD I hope things settled down and you haven't been to the hospital in some time. 

17 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Hurt bad? Zero time.

Unless you count poisoning myself with floor cleaner when I was like, four (not my fault if that dumbass of a father of mine decided to switch the bottles around and put the floor cleaner in a 7up bottle in an extremely accessible place).

But I've been to the hospital a few times for other non-urgent things since the clinics were fully booked. And been there as support for others..............

Yikes. That sounds scary. 

Fracture/dislocated both tibia and fibula in my left leg at the ankle when I was in middle school, injured a few times in my life but that was the only time I took and ambulance for an emergency room visit.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Twice.

1. I was three, 2009. Tripped at a park and tore a gash in my forehead. Six stitches.

It's vaguely in the shape of a lightning bolt so it's often called my "Harry Potter scar".

2. 11, 2015-2016. No idea what caused it, but I got horrible stomachaches for about a month, on and off. It was worst during our Florida trip. Went to the doctor, they gave me something (don't remember what) and I no longer get them.

elephants

Broken my Arm, broke my foot, broke my wrist, dislocated my knee, and some burns when I was really little (I was that asshole kid that pulled the hot grease off the stove onto myself). Besides that nothing else except a few hospital stays due to being diabetic. When ever Ive needed stiches Ive just done it myself, im not gonna bother going to the hospital for that.

@Pickles von BrineI'm actually going in for another shoulder surgery this summer.  No big deal.  I'll feel better afterwards. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Only once, when I was 16. Decided to grind a rail with my skateboard. Worked well until it didn't.

No permanent damage, though the pain was absolutely incredible and the swelling was pretty substantial. Took several weeks for things to recover well enough. Fortunately that incident did not cause me to end up shooting blanks afterward 😅

Skateboarding stopped being a hobby of mine after this.

MAIN SYSTEM: Intel i9 10850K | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4-3600C16 | RTX 3070 FE | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI | Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSDs | EVGA SuperNova 850 P2 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Razer Cynosa V2 | Corsair Scimitar Elite | Gigabyte G27Q

Other Devices: iPhone 12 128GB | Nintendo Switch | Surface Pro 7+ (work device)

Had extreme Stomach Aches and diarrhea when I was little, no medical expert ever found out what I was having. It just resulted in my becoming extremely Hygienic where I always deep clean my Hands and change out masks before consuming Food. Thanks to Covid we hopefully get rid of the Custom of shaking Hands. Also it led to me hating to shake hands and in general having physical contact with anyone. Don't have the aches anymore luckily and whenever I have stomach aches now they are normally pretty mild. Had severe food poisoning a bunch of times when eating greasy ass sausages as a child, I still very much enjoy eating a lot of meat but particularly haven't touched Hotdogs in over 10 years at this point. I never broke a bone, only sprained my arms and legs. The most severe physical injury I had was when I fell over on my Kick Scooter back when I was like 7, tore back a bunch of skin on my left knee and elbows. Down hill on a Kick Scooter was a bad idea lol. Just regular cuts and bruises everywhere but never had to get stitches. Had extreme acne during puberty so had to take strong medication to combat it and my Skin looks really great now. I still have this thing where my Hands are extremely dried out and thus bleeding a lot during the cold parts during the year and especially in the Winter Season. There have been like maybe 2 Hospital visits but it has almost always been sorted out via the Doctos Office. 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

15 hours ago, Benji said:

How on Earth does one require nine (9) knee surgeries and in general "constant" surgery? Is there some sort of genetic defect or disorder that you're having?

The knee surgeries are from running cross country and being a former paratrooper in the military.  Neck, shoulder, back and my knees again are due to the aftermath of a severe car accident. I was hit head on by a drunk driver. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Just counting since I've been 18 (25 now) probably at close to a dozen times.. almost always work related lol. Got a concussion from an alternator falling on my head. Another concussion after I tagged my head on the hoist shortly after the first one lol. 3rd degree burns from cutting with an oxy acetylene torch. Sawdust that scratched the shit out of my eyes. Dislocated my shoulder after slipping on ice. Sliced my thumb down to the bone with a utility knife. 

Non work related: Got drunk with the boys, decided it was a good idea to climb up a school. When it came to jumping off I didn't see that there was a ledge next to the wall so I sprained both my left knee and left ankle. Shit was swolen like a balloon the next morning.

At this rate my body is so destroyed I will be lucky to see 40 lol.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

once. after being in a car accident i really should not have survived

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 months (unconsecutive: 4-5 entries?)

Psych ward, hehehe.

Outside of that, gallbladder removal surgery. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Never for hurt, some times for sick.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

prob about a dozen or so times over my 36 years of having fun. everything from a shattered wrist from a dirtbike crash, to torn rotator cuff from snowboarding, to needing a dozen stiches for slicing my hand open with a knife while at work. or the TBI's from some rough landings after jumping out of airplanes #AATW