Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Part of my job is taking pictures of advertisements running on digital screens in cinemas. The problem is that these very bright screens in dark hallways and rooms always blow out all the other details.

It's important, both so that we can show advertisers that we are running their content and so that we have nice pictures and video to show prospective new clients. What sort of settings should I be fiddling with to get better results? 

I have a dslr that I can use, but most of our photos are taken by staff with a mobile phone, so if there's anything I can tell them to increase the quality of those photos too, please let me know.

turn down the ISO should help significantly. 

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

"White Ice"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

16 minutes ago, Daftlander said:

Part of my job is taking pictures of advertisements running on digital screens in cinemas. The problem is that these very bright screens in dark hallways and rooms always blow out all the other details.

It's important, both so that we can show advertisers that we are running their content and so that we have nice pictures and video to show prospective new clients. What sort of settings should I be fiddling with to get better results? 

I have a dslr that I can use, but most of our photos are taken by staff with a mobile phone, so if there's anything I can tell them to increase the quality of those photos too, please let me know.

nothing you can do to improve with a phone camera.  not enough dynamic range and customizability on camera settings

you can get the right equipment for the job or hire someone with the right tools knowledge and experience to do the job for you or you can sort of fudge with multiple photos of the same "scene" taken with different exposures or time

1. a photo with the camera set to expose the image for the room and environmment
  2. a photo with the camera set to expose the image for the room when the video is playing on the screen or curtain
  3. merge them in post

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects