Laptop not using 100% CPU while gaming, uses 20% and gives low fps

Temps are low.
My laptop is the HP 15s eq2400au.

AMD edition.
Thanks in advance.

What games? What resolution? What settings?

What's the GPU usage like while gaming? My guess is you are GPU limited. If you see that the CPU is at ~20% while the GPU is close to 100% that means the CPU has more to offer, but the GPU can't keep up.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 minutes ago, knockless said:

Temps are low.
My laptop is the HP 15s eq2400au.

AMD edition.
Thanks in advance.

it shouldn't use 100% CPU. but should use 90-100% GPU. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

CPU at 100% would be bad as that causes major lag spikes and fps drops.

GPU should be 100% at all times, CPU never.

Looking up the specs of that laptop, it has a 3rd gen Ryzen Mobile with onboard graphics.

It's not going to run Cyperpunk if that's what you were expecting....

The Vega 8 is a 720p medium to 1080p low chip at best for most titles.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

it shouldn't use 100% CPU. but should use 90-100% GPU. 

20% cpu
50% gpu

7 minutes ago, tikker said:

What games? What resolution? What settings?

What's the GPU usage like while gaming? My guess is you are GPU limited. If you see that the CPU is at ~20% while the GPU is close to 100% that means the CPU has more to offer, but the GPU can't keep up.

valorant, medium, 720p.
and other games like roblox on max graphics.

edit: laptop always on charging while gaming too

4 minutes ago, knockless said:

20% cpu
50% gpu

valorant, medium, 720p.
and other games like roblox on max graphics.

edit: laptop always on charging while gaming too

do you have any power saving settings enabled?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Just now, VioDuskar said:

do you have any power saving settings enabled?

No windows battery saver, custom power options.