1TB SSD Team Group T-FORCE Vulcan G

warhammer23

I was building a computer for a friend who wanted some extra storage under $100. I had a quick look and found this one from Team Group, their new Vulcan G updated series. At what, 8 cents per GB, I think it's a good deal. 

Spec wise, this is what I could dig up about it: it has a Silicon Motion SM2258XTG controller, Toshiba 64-Layer TLC flash memory and it’s backed by a 3 years warranty (or 800TBW endurance rating for the 1TB). Only comes in 512GB or 1TB though.

The budget approach comes from the fact that it doesn't have DRAM but it uses TLC cells with an impressive high capacity SLC cache (about 3500GB). Love that it has a metal shell, instead of plastic what most budget ones I have seen so far.

Performance wise, it will do perform quite well in most synthetics and load time tests, as per any TLC SATA 6Gbps SSD 2.5". As for the copy tests, it will maintain a constant writing speed as long as you stay under the SLC buffer limit. After that it goes way down (100MB/s), but that's expected. Basically I did a quick copy test to the SSD of a single 4GB .iso file to test the burst speed followed by a copy of the same file, from the SSD onto itself. Then the same process is repeated but with a big mixed files 20 GB installation folder for The Rise Of The Tomb Raider game title.

So yeah, the name of the game here is budget friendly and the T-Force Vulcan G with its excellent MSRP has done just that. I think this is an excellent first choice for any new builder without breaking the bank or for anybody looking to have some extra storage that will also performed reasonably well. I would suspect that a 2TB model would excel even better in the sustained speeds area if it will keep the same SLC cache ratio and of course, the same value for money.

VG_0.jpg

VG_5.jpg

VG_7.jpg

VG_8.jpg

VG_12.jpg

VG_14.jpg

VG_17.jpg

VG_22.jpg

VG_23.jpg

vgltt_1.png

vgltt_2.png

vgltt_3.png