in search of a chair

raziel4635

Hello,

I am in the market for a new office/gaming chair after the jysk billum I bought not even a week ago is destroying my lower back since it feels that there is absolutely no support for my back.

after lots of searching online,(unfortunately its not very easy for me to go to a store right now and try out different chairs) I found this one chair that seems very very nice at an affordable price.

https://allegro.pl/oferta/fotel-gamingowy-obrotowy-biurowy-kubelkowy-gracza-9022081142

and in german amazon

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Executive-Players-Adjustment-Computer-Headrest/dp/B086N3N59Z?th=1

I am around 1.87m tall and weigh about 110kg and by having a look at the chair specifications,the chair looks fine.

anyone has any opinion on this chair or any other recommendation around this price point? (70 euro in allegro.pl and 110 in amazon.de , I will be ordering from the polish site so the price point is around 70 euro)

thanks

I have always gotten used office chairs that are still in good condition from thrift stores or used furniture places. IDK how doable that is where you live right now because of COVID-19 and it sounds like you have specific needs so new may be your best bet. Furniture in general really needs to be try before you buy or have a good return policy in case you dislike it.

well,the jysk chair was bought used, I tried it,I liked it,the seat is super comfortable but after sitting for 30 mins -1 hour at the pc, I could feel that I was basically holding up my whole body and not the chair itself.

adding a pillow around my lower back (lumbar region) improved the situation by quite a lot but still there are problems.

thats why I decided to focus on "gaming" chairs (even though I dislike "GAAAAAMING" gear) just because of the extra and adjustable pillows on the back.

15 minutes ago, raziel4635 said:

Hello,

I am in the market for a new office/gaming chair after the jysk billum I bought not even a week ago is destroying my lower back since it feels that there is absolutely no support for my back.

after lots of searching online,(unfortunately its not very easy for me to go to a store right now and try out different chairs) I found this one chair that seems very very nice at an affordable price.

https://allegro.pl/oferta/fotel-gamingowy-obrotowy-biurowy-kubelkowy-gracza-9022081142

and in german amazon

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Executive-Players-Adjustment-Computer-Headrest/dp/B086N3N59Z?th=1

I am around 1.87m tall and weigh about 110kg and by having a look at the chair specifications,the chair looks fine.

anyone has any opinion on this chair or any other recommendation around this price point? (70 euro in allegro.pl and 110 in amazon.de , I will be ordering from the polish site so the price point is around 70 euro)

thanks

so the polish website one , dont let the woman sitting in it fool you , it could be as stiff as bricks , but aesthetically it looks pretty nice (the chair not the woman)

i5-9400f

corsair 16gb (2x8) kit + 4x1 gb microsoft stick both 2666

asrock b350m pro4 lga 1151 

intel ax-210 wifi card

msi rx 580 8gb 

nzxt h510 airflow case white

650w thermaltake gold

512gb nvme 

1tb wd blue

1tb seagate external

1 minute ago, LTT_fanboy said:

so the polish website one , dont let the woman sitting in it fool you , it could be as stiff as bricks , but aesthetically it looks pretty nice (the chair not the woman)

she is actually sitting in the german site also 🙂

and its the same chair by the way...

Just now, raziel4635 said:

she is actually sitting in the german site also 🙂

and its the same chair by the way...

oh , lol , but still dont let the woman fool you

i5-9400f

corsair 16gb (2x8) kit + 4x1 gb microsoft stick both 2666

asrock b350m pro4 lga 1151 

intel ax-210 wifi card

msi rx 580 8gb 

nzxt h510 airflow case white

650w thermaltake gold

512gb nvme 

1tb wd blue

1tb seagate external

28 minutes ago, raziel4635 said:

Hello,

and in german amazon

thanks

Honestly, I don't think that you will find a decent, comfortable and good quality chair at that price point. 

I can also pretty much guarantee that the chair that you are looking at for 70 / 110 Euro is tribble quality and will begin to squeak in less than 6 months. I have gone through several of chairs of this type in the past and every time it has been the same. Quality is bad and so is comfort. 

Your best bet would be to get a used but good condition IKEA office chair. The Markus chair in particular is very good and comfortable. Quality is decent for the price point. I have had one for about 5 years and has held up nicely. My wife uses it now and is very happy with it. 

If you want a "gaming" chair, I strongly suggest getting a decent one from a reputable manufacturer. The PlaySeat L33 is very good such chair, but comes at a price. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

10 minutes ago, Analog said:

Honestly, I don't think that you will find a decent, comfortable and good quality chair at that price point. 

I can also pretty much guarantee that the chair that you are looking at for 70 / 110 Euro is tribble quality and will begin to squeak in less than 6 months. I have gone through several of chairs of this type in the past and every time it has been the same. Quality is bad and so is comfort. 

Your best bet would be to get a used but good condition IKEA office chair. The Markus chair in particular is very good and comfortable. Quality is decent for the price point. I have had one for about 5 years and has held up nicely. My wife uses it now and is very happy with it. 

If you want a "gaming" chair, I strongly suggest getting a decent one from a reputable manufacturer. The PlaySeat L33 is very good such chair, but comes at a price. 

I am actually looking at the ikea markus after popping up in various searches but the mesh back reminds me of the jysk billum which I am now trying to avoid as much as possible,even though there is a small plastic bit around the area where I have my back problem so it could PROBABLY work well but it would also come with the same problems.

plus it's quite a bit more expensive.

the playseat L33 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range.

even paying 70 euros is already leaving a bad taste in my mouth

I agree with the used chair advice. If you have any office liquidation places nearby, that may be the best bet to get a high quality chair for an affordable price. I was able to get a used Steelcase Leap for around 150USD (keep in mind that this is around a 1000USD chair) about a year ago, and it holds up extremely well. I think getting a very high quality chair used is better than getting a cheap one to begin with.

I am constantly looking at used chairs but unfortunately nothing good came up till now.

if nothing else comes up then I'm ordering that chair on monday

Get the razer one, i have seen some good reviews for it an apparently it should support your back quite well

15 hours ago, raziel4635 said:

I am actually looking at the ikea markus after popping up in various searches but the mesh back reminds me of the jysk billum which I am now trying to avoid as much as possible,even though there is a small plastic bit around the area where I have my back problem so it could PROBABLY work well but it would also come with the same problems.

plus it's quite a bit more expensive.

the playseat L33 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range.

even paying 70 euros is already leaving a bad taste in my mouth

How about Ikea Javlet? It also has a mesh but from trying it out not too long ago, it's incredibly comfortable (but full of compromises) and your body sound similar to mine (I am 95 kg, 180 cm) so it should be as compatible to you as well

I used to be interested in Cooler Master stuff (because it doesn't look as gamery) but after trying some of them out, they don't feel as comfortable as Ikea offering (but also a lot more completed package.) On the gaming side there's one chair that I feel immediately comfortable after try sitting on it though, that is Thermaltake X Comfort - although it a bit pricy and not as subtle asthetic-wise as the Cooler Master I innitially took a look. 

8 hours ago, e22big said:

How about Ikea Javlet? It also has a mesh but from trying it out not too long ago, it's incredibly comfortable (but full of compromises) and your body sound similar to mine (I am 95 kg, 180 cm) so it should be as compatible to you as well

I used to be interested in Cooler Master stuff (because it doesn't look as gamery) but after trying some of them out, they don't feel as comfortable as Ikea offering (but also a lot more completed package.) On the gaming side there's one chair that I feel immediately comfortable after try sitting on it though, that is Thermaltake X Comfort - although it a bit pricy and not as subtle asthetic-wise as the Cooler Master I innitially took a look. 

I cant find that ikea chair,is it the jarvfjallet? it's even more expensive than the others

1 hour ago, raziel4635 said:

I cant find that ikea chair,is it the jarvfjallet? it's even more expensive than the others

yes Jarvfjallet, it is indeed even more expensive and flawed than Markus - but the kind of comfort it offers still make me feel hesitant to cross it off the list