Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So?

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd?? HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ??

It's crashing even harder bitcoin is at -30% ETH at -40%.

The second hand market is gonna get flooded with GPU'S

Just now, genisboy said:

It's crashing even harder bitcoin is at -30% ETH at -40%.

Nope.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd?? HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ??

It is a for now crash. Even at these rates mining is still profitable so no gpu's will come on the market. They start selling after it becomes unprofitable for a little while.

Guys, I know everyone is tired of the GPU shortage, but this is nothing but a blip on the radar. Just look at a 1yr graph. This isn't even the low for a year, and the value is still so high that it's totally still profitable to mine - just not as profitable as it was a week ago. No miners are dumping their cards.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

-> Moved to Off Topic

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

buy low sell high

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

17 minutes ago, genisboy said:

Not quite yet.

I love how the general assumption is that Miners are dumb and they will instantly sell their GPUs as soon as price of Cryptos crash. If I was mining right now I wouldnt give a slightest shits about this news as mining would be still extremely profitable for me where I live. Even if it wasnt profitable I would still continue to mine as drop in prices would force the hands most short sighted miners to stop mining and reducing mining difficulties thus I would get more rewards for mining. I am not even going to mention having to sell a graphics card in a flooded market is just asking to lose more money.

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

I love how the general assumption is that Miners are dumb and they will instantly sell their GPUs as soon as price of Cryptos crash. If I was mining right now I wouldnt give a slightest shits about the this news as mining would be still extremely profitable for me where I live. Even if it wasnt profitable I would still continue to mine as drop in prices would force the hands most short sighted miners to stop mining and reducing mining difficulties thus I would get more rewards for mining. I am not even going to mention having to sell a graphics card in a flooded market is just asking to lose more money.

shush, let them sell so i can buy more

crypto crashing but im actually getting more than last month in fiat, more than double in btc

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

I love how the general assumption is that Miners are dumb and they will instantly sell their GPUs as soon as price of Cryptos crash. If I was mining right now I wouldnt give a slightest shits about the this news as mining would be still extremely profitable for me where I live. Even if it wasnt profitable I would still continue to mine as drop in prices would force the hands most short sighted miners to stop mining and reducing mining difficulties thus I would get more rewards for mining. I am not even going to mention having to sell a graphics card in a flooded market is just asking to lose more money.

Imagine how shocked they'll be when crypto does eventually stop using GPUs and people do eventually sell their GPUs and it doesn't even put a dent in the shortage because mining isn't the main source of the problem 😛

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

crypto crashing but im actually getting more than last month in fiat, more than double in btc

Does that mean the difficulty went down (stopped mining since it's too hot outside and I don't need the heat! 😛 )

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 512GB SU800 SSD Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Imagine how shocked they'll be when crypto does eventually stop using GPUs and people do eventually sell their GPUs and it doesn't even put a dent in the shortage because mining isn't the main source of the problem 😛

woah bro that's pretty whacky

The PSU tier list + cultists are a joke that nobody should actually take seriously

Main rig on profile

Zephyrus - Windows 7 side rig

Spoiler

AMD Athlon II X2 260 (undervolted to 1.225v w/ CM 212 EVO), 2x2GB 1333MHz CL7 HyperX, Asus M4A77TD, 120GB 840 EVO, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.6, EVGA GTX 960 SC, Enthoo Pro, Corsair CX750M, Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I w/ Centrino 6300, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB (Falcon w/ busted laser), XB1X 1TB, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Does that mean the difficulty went down (stopped mining since it's too hot outside and I don't need the heat! 😛 )

Not really. Many people sell their coins in panic due to crash. This means a lot of transactions happened in the last few minutes.

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

i would think the "gas price" (from what i read) went up
so each transaction fee is more or something

anyhow, $$$, so -shrug-

Spoiler

none atm

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Icarus_Radio said:

Not really. Many people sell their coins in panic due to crash. This means a lot of transactions happened in the last few minutes.

ah yeah, that would make sense (more transaction = higher fees)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 512GB SU800 SSD Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

Mining is still really profitable, not sure why people would sell their cards just because of a price drop

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

This is a Linus level title, lol.

Everything has bumps up and down. Something tells me that you wouldn't do well in the stock market.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Hows that affecting Game Stop shares? Asking for a friend who bought $30,000 of their shares.

Answer: https://www.google.com/finance/quote/GME:NYSE?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwju8PyC9dXwAhWaBWMBHRJVDeAQ3ecFMAB6BAgGEBo

Not too bad, just a 7 point or 3.87% loss.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

36 minutes ago, Levent said:

This. I'm making more now per day than I was before, because of a much higher than normal accepted rate.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

14 minutes ago, ESPImperium said:

Hows that affecting Game Stop shares? Asking for a friend who bought $30,000 of their shares.

Answer: https://www.google.com/finance/quote/GME:NYSE?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwju8PyC9dXwAhWaBWMBHRJVDeAQ3ecFMAB6BAgGEBo

Not too bad, just a 7 point or 3.87% loss.

Yikes, your friend obviously puts too much faith in Reddit. Putting all of your eggs in one basket is a terrible, terrible idea. 

Gamestop has been on the decline for several years due to the advent of digital goods and marketplaces, almost eliminating the need for physical product distributors.

Gamestop is now way, way overvalued because a bunch of stupid Reddit millennials decided to invest all at once. The stocks are now actually going for much more than the company is actually worth. I would never, ever invest in Gamestop, especially now. The company has been in decline for a while and the fact that millions of dollars were pumped into the company will only delay the inevitable. Looking at the stock price chart shows that the company was at an all time low before the big investment boom. Even now, a few months afterward, the stocks are worth ~half what they were a few months ago.

Unless a bunch of people get the same bright idea to invest even more money in the Gamestop stocks, this downward trend is likely to continue until the stocks are worth what they were before. The only people who made real money were the people who had tons of stocks before the price boom. Investing after the fact is a bad idea.

The whole principle is buy low, sell high. Not buy high, sell on a downward trend. 

If I was your friend I would never had invested in Gamestop, let alone 30k!

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Me - #hodl

Current in process build: Project Odyssey - Build Logs - Linus Tech Tips

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 3: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler in push/pull, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  Lenovo 27" 1080p 60hz placeholder monitor, generic mouse, generic keyboard.  Still a work in progress

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Viotek GN24C 24" 1080p 144hz curved and Hannspree HF207 as 2nd monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dell OptiPlex 3040 MFF: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV 

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 4gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro XFCE at the moment.

Home Security: ZOSI 8 channel CCTV (4 used at this time, 1080p) DVR H.265+, 3tb HGST Enterprise HDD, ASUS monitor for display

though it crashed more than it did in the past, it was actually right on time, bitcoin crashes every 4 year cycle around this time, but it should be back up quite quickly