Do Hash-Rate Limiters (a la Nvidia's efforts) Affect Compute performance for BOINC/Folding@Home/other distributed compute platforms?

I don't know enough to know if what I'm asking is a stupid question or not (and yes, there ARE stupid questions...that "no such thing as a stupid question" ends once you exit grade school).  Also...not sure if this belongs in GPUs or the BOINC/F@H forums, or both.  Just posting it here for now; moderators can move as needed.

With the consistent demand for GPUs and the lack of supply along with miners and scalpers in the mix, I was curious if Nvidia's hash-limiter efforts on newer GPUs could impact compute performance on various distributed compute applications such as BOINC and F@H?  Along those same lines, could their line of coin-miner-targeted cards without display outputs be ok for BOINC/F@H purposes?

As far as I know, the limiter in the 3060 only affected ETH. So it seems it has to detect a particular algorithm to kick in. So it probably wouldn't have any effect on Boinc etc.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

As far as I know, the limiter in the 3060 only affected ETH. So it seems it has to detect a particular algorithm to kick in. So it probably wouldn't have any effect on Boinc etc.

Pretty much how it works. It seems the driver looks for a workload that is similar to ETH or any other blacklisted tasks and then kicks in the performance limiter. Hence why on the beta driver that got released the limiter doesn't work as the driver doesn't start the limiter.

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

Pretty much how it works. It seems the driver looks for a workload that is similar to ETH or any other blacklisted tasks and then kicks in the performance limiter. Hence why on the beta driver that got released the limiter doesn't work as the driver doesn't start the limiter.

Excellent...thanks for confirming that.