Newegg Shuffle Shadiness

I entered the shuffle today as I do basically everyday and somehow got "lucky" enough to be selected. My email came in at 2:06PM PST and then said I had till 4:00PM PST to make my purchase. When I tried purchasing ~3:00PM I was unsuccessful. Each time I finalized my order I was simply redirected back to my shopping cart where the combo was present. After the 10th or so attempt I decided to contact their support to see what the issue was. Apparently being selected in the shuffle does not in any way, shape, or form, give you a reservation for a item/combo. I was told that "Sorry you won shuffle that means your have chance to pourchase it. We will add it into your cart. But that not means we hold item for you. We can not hold item before we charge you." 
To me this seems to be in direct contradiction with what the website and rules state. "If selected, item will be added to your cart. Must purchase within the Buying Window or the reservation will be forfeited.

Not only is the description of the shuffle deceptive and straight up wrong, but they also lied about a 2 hour window. 2:06 - 4:00 is not 2 hours. I wouldn't be upset by these 6 minutes, but with what else happened to me with the shuffle it's just another insult to injury.
Has anyone else had any problems like this? I just can't believe how bad this experience has been.

1.PNG

Detailed Rules.PNG

Email pt. 1.PNG

Email pt. 2.PNG

Transcript pt. 1.PNG

Transcript pt. 2.PNG

Seems like a Twitter thing, you won't get much here.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, AnnoyingRoach said:

To me this seems to be in direct contradiction with what the website and rules state. "If selected, item will be added to your cart. Must purchase within the Buying Window or the reservation will be forfeited.

Well, you'd be wrong in there. Putting something to cart is not ordering. And I'm also sure they have the classic line in ToS about not taking responsibility for any software errors that may cause you to contents of your cart or prevent you from finalizing buy.

The VAG is about same in the end. By completing the challenge, you get chance to buy. Just finishing doesn't guarantee you anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, you'd be wrong in there. Putting something to cart is not ordering. And I'm also sure they have the classic line in ToS about not taking responsibility for any software errors that may cause you to contents of your cart or prevent you from finalizing buy.

The VAG is about same in the end. By completing the challenge, you get chance to buy. Just finishing doesn't guarantee you anything.

That doesn't seem remotely the same as the VAG program though. They say you must purchase the in your allotted time slot as the wording makes it appear as though its reserved for you. If that's the case, what's the point of giving someone a "Reservation" when the item is forfeited if you don't buy in the time given to you. He purchased it within his timeframe and, sounds like Newegg was on some shit and just told the customer you're shit out of luck because we fucked up.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If Newegg is "reserving" the item for you to purchase during the buying window, to me that would mean saving.  Like if you reserve a table at a restaurant at 7pm, they'd catch hell if they gave someone else your table at 6:30.  

I lose more respect for this company every day.  Not only are they using this "shuffle" system to pawn off merchandise they can't normally sell in these GPU bundles, but apparently they're also screwing the "winners".  

Hey Linus you should add this in one of your videos and ask Newegg to give OP his shit for free now because they're being dicks who don't know what reserve means.

51 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm not worried about it being in my cart vs being able to order it. It's their explicit usage of the word "reservation" which implies that I have a reservation for the combo.
Basically exactly what Triggeravus said

18 minutes ago, Triggeravus said:

Hey Linus you should add this in one of your videos and ask Newegg to give OP his shit for free now because they're being dicks who don't know what reserve means.

I mean I'd still happily pay the amount I was going to before. As long as it's to anyone but Newegg at this point. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done giving them any of my money

1 hour ago, GreatnessRD said:

That doesn't seem remotely the same as the VAG program though. They say you must purchase the in your allotted time slot as the wording makes it appear as though its reserved for you. If that's the case, what's the point of giving someone a "Reservation" when the item is forfeited if you don't buy in the time given to you. He purchased it within his timeframe and, sounds like Newegg was on some shit and just told the customer you're shit out of luck because we fucked up.

1 hour ago, Triggeravus said:

If Newegg is "reserving" the item for you to purchase during the buying window, to me that would mean saving.  Like if you reserve a table at a restaurant at 7pm, they'd catch hell if they gave someone else your table at 6:30.  

I lose more respect for this company every day.  Not only are they using this "shuffle" system to pawn off merchandise they can't normally sell in these GPU bundles, but apparently they're also screwing the "winners".  

I'm not worried about it being in my cart vs being able to order it. It's their explicit usage of the word "reservation" which implies that I have a reservation for the combo.
Basically exactly what Triggeravus said

So, I did re-read this and my original point stands. Though I missed the wording on instructions part a bit. Its confusing, but nothing dramatic. Their use of "reservation" is the confusion. They use word "chance" all the time. With loose interpretation, it means that with the timeframe you still have limited supply you are competing with other about.

The confusion of my original post was that putting item to cart is not reserving it. Only finalizing order, or in VAG or ticket buying systems selecting to place order will make the reservation for selected timeframe (VAG its 6mins, the ticket companies here have 15mins). Just putting to cart alone does not make that, nor does putting it to cart reserve it after the timeframe is gone. Or possible software glitch throws you out of the system.

So here, bit shady interpretation of wording, and overselling the stock.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

So, I did re-read this and my original point stands. Though I missed the wording on instructions part a bit. Its confusing, but nothing dramatic. Their use of "reservation" is the confusion. They use word "chance" all the time. With loose interpretation, it means that with the timeframe you still have limited supply you are competing with other about.

The confusion of my original post was that putting item to cart is not reserving it. Only finalizing order, or in VAG or ticket buying systems selecting to place order will make the reservation for selected timeframe (VAG its 6mins, the ticket companies here have 15mins). Just putting to cart alone does not make that, nor does putting it to cart reserve it after the timeframe is gone. Or possible software glitch throws you out of the system.

So here, bit shady interpretation of wording, and overselling the stock.

Their "loose interpretation", if that's what it is and not just a clueless rep in this case, would pretty much fraud.

If they say something is reserved for 2 hours during which the item must be purchased, there should be no competition.  It should simply be sitting there, unable to be touched by anyone but you, until the window is gone.   Newegg clearly calls it a "reserved item" during this window.  

Why would anyone have to compete during this window when they already won the competition?  Might as well just throw the crap on the main site and have everyone go it at if this is the case.  

13 minutes ago, Triggeravus said:

Their "loose interpretation", if that's what it is and not just a clueless rep in this case, would pretty much fraud.

You can read the rules there and come back. For me it really sounds like they intentionally left there room for interpretation. Also, this is too minor in legal sense that there would be any case for false advertising.

If they say something is reserved for 2 hours during which the item must be purchased, there should be no competition.  It should simply be sitting there, unable to be touched by anyone but you, until the window is gone.   Newegg clearly calls it a "reserved item" during this window.  

I do agree on that, they should only give it to amounts equal to stock they actually have allocated for this.

Why would anyone have to compete during this window when they already won the competition?  Might as well just throw the crap on the main site and have everyone go it at if this is the case.  

Like I said, similar to VAG. Just getting past challenge doesn't mean you get anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Like I said, similar to VAG. Just getting past challenge doesn't mean you get anything.

Thing is, with the shuffle they can explicitly say how many winners they will select. What's the point in selecting more winners than there is stock? That will just leave dissapointed customers with every shuffle. If someone doesn't buy after getting the mail that they "won" the shuffle, then they can just add these cards back to the next shuffle.

With VAG there is no final number of people who get the link to the quiz, so it's basically "first come, first serve". But that principle doesn't apply to the newegg shuffle.

So i don't get your point in that they're in any way similar.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

19 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You can read the rules there and come back. For me it really sounds like they intentionally left there room for interpretation. Also, this is too minor in legal sense that there would be any case for false advertising.

I do agree on that, they should only give it to amounts equal to stock they actually have allocated for this.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree then.

To me, a reservation is a reservation.  It means something is held for you during a specific timeframe during which it's definite that it could be yours if you choose to take advantage of it.  No questions asked.  I don't know how Newegg could change the definition of a word and be like, "Oh, this is how we interpret it.  The sky is green now because that's our take".  

Newegg on a shady shuffle, meanwhile Scan straight up just takes your payment and 5 months later still cant provide you with an ETA........entire markets truly gone insane

They did you a favor. $975 for a fucking 6700XT is highway robbery anyway.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Where are they using the word chance? I see reservation twice in reference to the product. "reservation will be forfeited" and "The reserved item must be purchased within the designated Buying Window." The only time I see the word "chance" is here: "Come join for a chance to be selected for an assigned timeslot in order to complete your purchase for highly sought out products." Even more reinforcing the fact that if you win the shuffle, you will get the product if you so choose to purchase it.
(It's very possible they say "chance" somewhere else, I just couldn't find it at the moment)

Where are they using the word chance? I see reservation twice in reference to the product. "reservation will be forfeited" and "The reserved item must be purchased within the designated Buying Window." The only time I see the word "chance" is here: "Come join for a chance to be selected for an assigned timeslot in order to complete your purchase for highly sought out products." Even more reinforcing the fact that if you win the shuffle, you will get the product if you so choose to purchase it.
(It's very possible they say "chance" somewhere else, I just couldn't find it at the moment)

Its there twice. Chance to get selected and chance to buy. Like I said, I'm not fan of it, but they have legally covered their back for false advertisement allegations. The word "reservation" is the only one used wrongfully, which again I'm not condoning here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Its there twice. Chance to get selected and chance to buy. Like I said, I'm not fan of it, but they have legally covered their back for false advertisement allegations. The word "reservation" is the only one used wrongfully, which again I'm not condoning here.

Do you have the quote where it says you have a chance to buy? I still can't find anything with that wording. My quote specifically states you have a chance to be "selected for an assigned timeslot in order to complete your purchase." This means there's a chance to be selected and once selected you have an assigned timeslot in which you can complete your purchase. No matter how I look at this sentence, I don't see any version which is implying doubt between getting selected and then being able to complete your purchase. Those two actions are being treated as equal.

I have no horse in this race, but it seems to me that Newegg's quality of service and support has gone to seed in the past year or so.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

44 minutes ago, AnnoyingRoach said:

Do you have the quote where it says you have a chance to buy? I still can't find anything with that wording. My quote specifically states you have a chance to be "selected for an assigned timeslot in order to complete your purchase." This means there's a chance to be selected and once selected you have an assigned timeslot in which you can complete your purchase. No matter how I look at this sentence, I don't see any version which is implying doubt between getting selected and then being able to complete your purchase. Those two actions are being treated as equal.

"The reserved item must be purchased within the designated Buying Window or your chance to purchase will be forfeit" Under "Please Note" part.

It has double meaning. Positive in a way that you may or may not want to purchase, which is what I think customers are reading on. But it could also mean that you may or may not be able to purchase during timeslot. Meaning it only give you better odds rather than 100% ability. Legally its enough to make argument that its not false advertising, but ofc its not fair from their part to give false hopes to people.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So, in this buyers program, does it only reserve the chance to purchase an item, like getting on a short list? Seems needlessly hope-raising. if that's the case.

I actually "won" my second shuffle today.  For an Xbox Series S and Core controller bundle of all things.  I enter just for the hell of it.  It did stay in my cart for the entire timeframe.  I bought a $2500 PC from them a few months ago and wonder if that upped my chance of being selected.  Unless I could make serious coin off whatever the product is, I don't see me buying from Newegg ever again.

Anyone else notice they're marking up the latest GPUs at least $100 over retail, higher than any other major retailer?  The same with their ABS prebuilt PCs.  Prices started out normal when all this dropped now they're basically scalping.