No post after case swapping Alienware Aurora R9

Welcome to hell, i mean dell.

I have an Alienware Aurora R9 Prebuilt (2019)

Board: Lga 1151 Icpfl Motherboard

CPU: Intel I7 9700 

Ram: 2x Kingston Hyperfury ddr4 8gb 2666 Mhz

GPU: Nvdia GeForce 2080 super

PSU: Dell HU850EF-01 850w

Micron ssd

Toshiba 1 TB HDD

I have been having issues with cooling on this prebuilt PC as well as fan noise. Naturally I decided to case swap into a NZXT 510i case with a new cooling system.

While transferring hardware, I knew the power supply had a limited cable to the main board power due to the hinge design inside the R9, so i decided to hook everything up and get measurements. 
When i found the measurements I wanted, i swapped everything back into my R9 case so I could game that night to find that my pc will not Post. The system DOES power on, however, it comes on and then going back off in 1/2 second intervals.

Dell will not help since I lost my warranty a WEEK ago.

I figured this would be a Psu, mobo issue but cannot thoroughly troubleshoot with the limited info online and Dell’s s__t customer service.

Has anyone ran into this issue before, if not, then what do you recommend I do?

I miss gaming 😞

Could be with the PSU or MB, if it's DELL who made those parts.

That they could be shorted to the case or something along those lines... because dell, and such prebuilts ;7

If you can go back to how it was before, maybe that is good. if not. maybe a problem else where, and if you know everything is correctly put together?

11 minutes ago, coyote_wylie said:

Micron ssd

Toshiba 1 TB HDD

I have been having issues with cooling on this prebuilt PC as well as fan noise. Naturally I decided to case swap into a NZXT 510i case with a new cooling system.

While transferring hardware, I knew the power supply had a limited cable to the main board power due to the hinge design inside the R9, so i decided to hook everything up and get measurements. 
When i found the measurements I wanted, i swapped everything back into my R9 case so I could game that night to find that my pc will not Post. The system DOES power on, however, it comes on and then going back off in 1/2 second intervals.

I figured this would be a Psu, mobo issue but cannot thoroughly troubleshoot with the limited info online and Dell’s s__t customer service.

I miss gaming 😞

I would take it out of the case and try to power it on, just get something metal and touch it to both pins that say "power_sw" next to them.

This way you can make sure everything is plugged in.

(also make sure the CPU cooler is plugged in, as it not being plugged in can make some systems not turn on.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

8 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Sounds like a power cable isn't plugged in or the system is shorting out.

Did you remember to plug in the cpu power cable?

So i forgot to mention this, with the cpu main board power removed, the system powers on and stays on.

1 minute ago, Cool_Evlo said:

I would take it out of the case and try to power it on, just get something metal and touch it to both pins that say "power_sw" next to them.

This way you can make sure everything is plugged in.

(also make sure the CPU cooler is plugged in, as it not being plugged in can make some systems not turn on.

Have done this actually, made my own diy test bench to make sure I had easy access (not easy working in the chasis). Cpu fan has been try with and without power to no avail.

The power switch is jank on this board.

The cord pictured linked the power switch to the front IO

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

so, is your CPU okey?

Not broken any pins?

Nothing that I can see, CPU looks flawless as does the CPU socket.

Just now, Quackers101 said:

what did you do with the RAM? uhh...

What do you mean? If you mean the picture they posted, that's a PCIe slot, not a DIMM slot.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

Just now, Cool_Evlo said:

What do you mean? If you mean the picture they posted, that's a PCIe slot, not a DIMM slot.

Correct, this is the bottom of the board.

17 minutes ago, coyote_wylie said:

So i forgot to mention this, with the cpu main board power removed, the system powers on and stays on.

That sounds like the board is preventing power to flow to the cpu out of a safety precaution. May be a bad cpu.

Does your board have any led troubleshooting lights? They're typically found on the right side near the dimms, but could be anywhere really.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

2 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

That sounds like the board is preventing power to flow to the cpu out of a safety precaution. May be a bad cpu.

Does your board have any led troubleshooting lights? They're typically found on the right side near the dimms, but could be anywhere really.

image.thumb.jpg.05b049dd7a3365a57faa293fabdf1899.jpg

This is the full board, I have a small Led bulb on the top left just above the rear IO. The power supplied does not allow for Light codes. The bulb tries to light up to no avail before the system shuts off again.

25 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

If it is true the only lights that come on are the rgb on the front IO. Going by that it flashes oranges twice and fades to yellow then turns off when the system fails. With that guide it says it would be No Memory detected. 

19 hours ago, Tech87 said:

I think you actually want to be looking at the power light.

I'm guessing there's a light on your power switch or right next to it.

That seems to be the led they're referencing.

No flashing there, just stays solid when there is power delivery.

4 hours ago, Tech87 said:

Can you track down a spare cpu to test?

Sadly I don’t have any Lga 1151 chips. Gonna try my best to find a good deal on a compatible cpu

On 5/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, coyote_wylie said:

Micron ssd

Toshiba 1 TB HDD

I miss gaming 😞

Okay so I’ve got an Asus Prime Z390-A coming in the mail within a couple days. Will come back and give update.