I believe I am having some sort of GPU or DirectX Issue.

I believe there is something wrong with my DirectX.

Multiple games I regularly (Modern Warfare 2019, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Escape From Tarkov, Forza Horizon 4, and lately it seems like every game I try) have been crashing a lot recently. Typically these crashes have some sort of error relating to DirectX, typically Dev Error 6068 and error 0x887a0006 for Modern Warfare, and DXGI_ERROR_Device_HUNG for Apex Legends, and I'm at my wit's end for what's wrong. I've been having this issue for a bit and ended up having to RMA my GPU due to a crash causing my displays not to function and ended being sent an entirely new card but the issues still continue.

So far I have tried:

• Overclocking both GPU and CPU (one site said this would fix one of the errors) (I also wonder if ram could be the issue if so how could I check that?)
  • I have tried replacing thermal paste (one site said an error could be heat related though I haven't noticed thermal throttling)
  • I have tried undervolting my GPU
  • I have completely reinstalled the games, my drivers, and windows (windows 3 times now)
  • I have reverted to older drivers that I know the game worked properly on.
  • I have updated Bios and Chipsets.
  • I have tried default Bios settings.
  • And I have tried running the games as admin as well.

Extra Info:

• The crashing doesn't seem to be consistent always specifically for Call of Duty sometimes it's whenever I finish a match, sometimes it's when I first join a match, and sometimes it's right after I get to the main menu after launching.
  • Oh and I also sometimes get a pop up from the AMD software stating a driver timeout has occurred.
  • When looking at event viewer errors relating to these games come up as Application hang with the Hang type being Top level window is idle.
  • Forza simply freezes then crashes to desktop idk what is causing that one.

System Specs:

• CPU Ryzen 5 1600X
  • RAM G.Skillz Ripjaws V 32GB @ 3000Mhz
  • GPU RX 5700XT THICC III (was originally THICC II but was sent THICC III after RMA)
  • PSU Thermaltake Smart Series 700W
  • MOBO ASUS PRIME B350M-A

Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you all in advance.

Take this with a grain of salt, but pretty sure thats some kind of runtime errors, which your pc somehow is missing (microsoft files basically)

You have to figure this out with the error codes, maybe evem ask some game devs or microsoft, do not download some random runtime files from the internet though, they usually contain viruses.

Did you google these errors at all? 

Those are usually very common, heres a couple of fixes for example 

read it and also try the repair function (of apex)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Engine-Error-0x887A0006-DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-HUNG/td-p/8110299

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity