I have a *really* tight comparison. I honestly could go either way, what do you guys think?

The matchup is between the Asus G14 and G15

Current cost of both builds is $1500

(G14 BestBuy)

(G15 BestBuy)

Both have a RTX3060 and a R5900HS 

I would be using this as a do it all machine. I could take it to work for graphic design and 3d rendering work and come home and game. So it looking more industrial and less edgy is a plus side. but there are some key differences!

I would guess that the G15 has better build quality, but that really cant be said, as I haven't even laid eyes on either outside of some videos and reviews. Bearded linus said better things about the build quality in the G15 review so I guess that means something. 

The G15 is larger with higher resolution 1440p display, little larger battery and supplies more power to the GPU. I would also like to mention that I think the simpler keyboard looks better and would definitely fit in better at the office or in a presentation. There are also more I/O options (most notably ethernet) and most of them line the left side of the chassis.  The downsides are as follows, this price point is only in the black/charcoal color (I do really love the silver), and has a smaller storage capacity @ 512GB NVME. 

The G14 is silver, has the fun but "gimmicky" Mini-LED display on the lid, and a larger 1TB NVME drive. But the indented keys and odd shaped space bar probably would get a few snickers from co workers in the office. 

Downsides of both: THERE IS NO WEBCAM!

Honestly after writing this out I feel that I have come to the conclusion that the G15 is probably the clear winner at the price point and that I am basically being a little crazy to try and justify the silver color of the G14. A more powerful machine is a more powerful machine. Period. 

I would love to see if any of you think differently. especially anyone that has owned both.