Case Fans for Lian Li O11 Dynamic

Balefati

I Just build my new system in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic and i want to populate it with 6 RGB PWM fans in addition the the 3 fans of the Be Quiet Pure Loop 360. 

I'm looking for recommendations on six fans with a hub. I'm looking to spend around 100€ (120USD) I dont think they need to be top notch performance since i will have 9 fans in the case at that point. I'd rather have it silent since i'm sitting right next to it and watch streams or movies on my TV via the PC. I'm running a 5900X with the AIO and something along the lines of a 6800XT or a 3080 if i can get my hands on one for anything close to MSRP. *sigh* (Right now my old Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 has to keep the show running. Even though its running anywhere between 60-70°C on idle 🤣) My motherboard is an Asus ROG Strix X570-F. 

I already found the Enermax 6x Kit T.B. RGB PC-Case Fans Black. Something like this is what i'm looking for, but i've read some pretty bad ratings about them failing pretty early. Someone had 5 of the 6 going bad after like 6 month and another person hat to RMA one after another 11 times over the span of 18 month.

I'm looking forward for what you guys can recommend 😀

I'm using corsair LL fans in my case, they look great and have decent enough performance. Depending on where some of you fans are though you may want to use a mixture of LL and QL fans depending on if you can see one or both sides of the fan. I bought a 3 pack that came with a 6 plug fan controller and rgb hub. 

I found some upHere fans for about $45 on amazon that work pretty well 

VideoCapture_20200803-212331.jpg.f4a0d69d1aab864bba5361aa1bdaeb96.thumb.jpg.eddb5701e8c90e806b8617f6e8577d8d.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I'm using corsair LL fans in my case, they look great and have decent enough performance. Depending on where some of you fans are though you may want to use a mixture of LL and QL fans depending on if you can see one or both sides of the fan. I bought a 3 pack that came with a 6 plug fan controller and rgb hub. 

I've seen those. And i like how they look and the performance seems good too, but i was looking for something a little more budget friendly. 2 Sets of these would set me back around 200€. And i cant quite figure out what the Lightning Node Pro does. Do i still need the Commander Pro if i want to PWM control all 6 case fans with it?

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I found some upHere fans for about $45 on amazon that work pretty well 

They crossed my way as well. But i saw that they are rated for 40000 hours which is around 4,5 years. My old system has been around with me for a little over 8 years by now and i think the new one will stay for a while as well 😄 And one of the old fans's started to wear out and it got loud, so i disconnected it. And another one has done that a year ago as well. I'm lazy when it comes to maintenence on my PC. Other than dusting it two or 3 times a year, everything else is to much effort for me 😄. I dont want to have to replace fans every once in a while as they die.😬

Depending on how many ARGB headers u have / how many ARGB devices u have.

I would buy 6 or 9 Arctic P12 Argb

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Depending on how many ARGB headers u have / how many ARGB devices u have.

I would buy 6 or 9 Arctic P12 Argb

In the manual it says 2 adressable AURA Gen2-Header and 2 AURA RGB Header. and i have no other RGB devices in my system. And i'm not planning on it. 

If i would get those i would also need a recommendation for a hub as well 😛 

30 minutes ago, Balefati said:

In the manual it says 2 adressable AURA Gen2-Header and 2 AURA RGB Header. and i have no other RGB devices in my system. And i'm not planning on it. 

You want RGB fans and not ARGB? 

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

You want RGB fans and not ARGB? 

I'm not exactly sure about the difference but i assume ARGB means i can control the colors and patters of the LEDs through software and with RGB just through a remote or something. In this case i want ARGB fans 😛 😄 I want to be able to control patterns and colors as well as the speed in relation to temperatures.

9 minutes ago, Balefati said:

I'm not exactly sure about the difference but i assume ARGB means i can control the colors and patters of the LEDs through software and with RGB just through a remote or something. In this case i want ARGB fans 😛 😄 I want to be able to control patterns and colors as well as the speed in relation to temperatures.

Almost. Both can be controlled with software or remote. Up to you. 

Speed and stuff is via pwm header/wire. 

Buy 9 arctic p12 argb fans 👌

10 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Almost. Both can be controlled with software or remote. Up to you. 

Speed and stuff is via pwm header/wire. 

Buy 9 arctic p12 argb fans 👌

I will definitly consider them. I only need 6 though 😄 But i would also need a hub to plug them all into as well.

But i'm still open to other suggestions 🙂 

1 hour ago, Balefati said:

Hub..?u have 2 headers. Each header can take about 12 devices. 

The fans even Come with "Y splitters" 

8 minutes ago, NorKris said:

The fans even Come with "Y splitters" 

Ohh okay, couldn't find information on that from any seller. Everywhere it only said Pack of 3 fans.

I'm still unsure where i would have to plug them in. Do the ARGB header also do the PWM signal to the fans? Or do the fans have two cables coming off of them and i plug the secong one into the 4 pin Chassis Fan header? And do those even do PWM depending on like CPU or GPU temperatur?

Man so many questions 😄 i guess i will have to study the manual some more tommorow.☝️

" Or do the fans have two cables coming off of them and i plug the secong one into the 4 pin Chassis Fan header "

yes all ARGB or RGB fans hace two cables. 

most software for fan speed are for cpu temps mostly cuz when you do somthing with ur gpu ur also using ur cpu. 

59 minutes ago, Balefati said:

RGB means the fans glow a single static color. 

ARGB means that each LED within a given strip or fan can be a separate color (that rainbow effect)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, NorKris said:

most software for fan speed are for cpu temps mostly cuz when you do somthing with ur gpu ur also using ur cpu. 

I got a temperature sensor with my motherboard. I could install that but i think its overkill and my system wont be running particularly hot anyways. I dont worry about my GPU or CPU running hot. 

17 hours ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I think i will go for them. I found a decent deal on them, 79.49€ for a set of 3 including the LED controller and the hub. Had to increase my budget a little but i didnt like most of the budget oriented options. 

I still don't quite like how they look from the back but i didnt really find any that look much better form the back in the same price range. I like them much better from the front but i already have 3 exhaust fans and i want to be the case pressure to be negative to minimize the dust in my system. 

And i couldn't find any reverse (or inverse? no idea what they would be called) fans. 

4 hours ago, Balefati said:

I think i will go for them. I found a decent deal on them, 79.49€ for a set of 3 including the LED controller and the hub. Had to increase my budget a little but i didnt like most of the budget oriented options. 

I still don't quite like how they look from the back but i didnt really find any that look much better form the back in the same price range. I like them much better from the front but i already have 3 exhaust fans and i want to be the case pressure to be negative to minimize the dust in my system. 

And i couldn't find any reverse (or inverse? no idea what they would be called) fans. 

If you want ones that you can see the rear side of that look nice you need to buy the QL series ones, there even more expensive but have LED's both sides 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

If you want ones that you can see the rear side of that look nice you need to buy the QL series ones, there even more expensive but have LED's both sides 

Yes, i saw that. The LL's i can get for 70€ a set right now. The QL's are 100€ for a set of 3.😪 But they look much better. And i think i will use all of the 6 fans as intakes.