Is my MB NIC dead?

phongle123

My ethernet was working last night. This morning it does not work.

The green blinking light on both the router and the MB NIC are working when I plug in the ethernet cable.

Device manager does NOT show the Intel I225 adaptor.

Troubleshoot just tells me to plug in an ethernet cable.

I have installed firmware and drivers and it still does not show up on the Device Manager and clearing CMOS.

Is it dead?

Cleared the CMOS and its still not showing up in device manager? Yeah, you might actually have a dead one. 

Maybe try booting to a Linux bootable USB stick and see what that shows, it'll have more options for probing available devices but you'll potentially need to get some help with the correct console commands.

3 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

My ethernet was working last night. This morning it does not work.

The green blinking light on both the router and the MB NIC are working when I plug in the ethernet cable.

Device manager does NOT show the Intel I225 adaptor.

Troubleshoot just tells me to plug in an ethernet cable.

I have installed firmware and drivers and it still does not show up on the Device Manager and clearing CMOS.

Is it dead?

Try another cable, Try another OS. NIC's can fail, but it's uncommon. worst case scenario they're $13 USD on amazon.

https://amzn.to/2RZttih

6 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

Try another cable, Try another OS. NIC's can fail, but it's uncommon. worst case scenario they're $13 USD on amazon.

https://amzn.to/2RZttih

Being all ITX for years I always wondered what i'd do in that case. I'd probably try to RMA the motherboard, if that failed or was going to be a hassle, maybe a USB3 NIC would suffice.