Gigabyte H510M S2H review and guide

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
1 hour ago, Munhim said:

Thanks for reply!! can you suggest a cheap board but not a trash one gen 4 doesn't matter.m.2 slot is a plus i have a optane so it be good if I can throw it in with my hdd. 

Pcie gen 4.0 boards are expensive the best I can do is a 120$ b460 asrock steel legend board that is cheap. I do hope you have a normal ssd too as optane is NOT a replacement for a normal ssd it is merely a cache and it will NOT make a big difference at all if the hdd is your main drive.

Pcie is also forwards and backwards compatible so do not worry too much about it nothing is maxing out pcie 3.0 anyways. The only time it happens is if you do BIG BIG BIG data crunches (complex simulation rendering, extremely complex math, hard caching data,...) which normally nobody does except people that work in those lines of work and that is on work systems then.

I couldn't find any review of Gigabyte H510M S2H online, It is a cheap motherboard I wanted review about this motherboard. Will it perform good with a 10400f or a 11400f and will it have any problem with 11400f and overall review about the motherboard cause it's kind of cheap 96 USD converted from PKR. Don't really need gen4 as I wont be using gen4 thinking of 11gen only as a upgrade path.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-S2H-rev-10#kf

It is one of the cheapest lowest end boards there are. It is not a good motherboard. The last one was tested and could BARELY handle a 10400f. Since this one looks basically identical I think I can safely say it is still just as bad.

So yeah it can handle a 10400f possibly but it will NOT allow it to boost high for long and it is a bad board in general.

Thanks for reply!! can you suggest a cheap board but not a trash one gen 4 doesn't matter.m.2 slot is a plus i have a optane so it be good if I can throw it in with my hdd. 

1 hour ago, Munhim said:

Pcie gen 4.0 boards are expensive the best I can do is a 120$ b460 asrock steel legend board that is cheap. I do hope you have a normal ssd too as optane is NOT a replacement for a normal ssd it is merely a cache and it will NOT make a big difference at all if the hdd is your main drive.

Pcie is also forwards and backwards compatible so do not worry too much about it nothing is maxing out pcie 3.0 anyways. The only time it happens is if you do BIG BIG BIG data crunches (complex simulation rendering, extremely complex math, hard caching data,...) which normally nobody does except people that work in those lines of work and that is on work systems then.

Thank you for the information and help 🙂

2 minutes ago, Munhim said:

Thank you for the information and help 🙂

DO KEEP IN MIND the b460 boards are NOT compatible with 11th gen processors.