Prime95 Stress test hit 91 for a second -- actual gaming temps never get that high.

My actually temps are like 37-44 while gaming sometimes rising to 50 before going back down. When it idles its 28-29 with spikes up to 45. Is it safe to keep gaming with this cpu? I dont want to really decrease the lifespan. It only ever got close to the 90s in prime95 and none of the games I play push the cpu that hard at all.

2 minutes ago, Stellarisk said:

My actually temps are like 37-44 while gaming sometimes rising to 50 before going back down. When it idles its 28-29 with spikes up to 45. Is it safe to keep gaming with this cpu? I dont want to really decrease the lifespan. It only ever got close to the 90s in prime95 and none of the games I play push the cpu that hard at all.

yeah should be fine

prime95 is a synthetic cpu test and creates extreme heat and stress on your cpu that you probably cannot replicate with real world use. You said you hit less than 44 degrees while gaming - you should be fine. Some people have even stopped recommending using prime95 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

43 minutes ago, Stellarisk said:

If you set pime95 to smallest fft, it'll scorch a supernova like heat and it's pretty normal.
If you wanna test stability, try small fft and disable avx-512.
And for thermal limit test, disable avx2 and set small fft or blend. You're good to go

11 minutes ago, S.Hamed23 said:

If you set pime95 to smallest fft, it'll scorch a supernova like heat and it's pretty normal.
If you wanna test stability, try small fft and disable avx-512.
And for thermal limit test, disable avx2 and set small fft or blend. You're good to go

It was small fft. Someone told me to use that over blend. On blend it gets to 66

I see no problem with those temps.

Prime95 is mostly like testing your cooling by Nuking the thing.... If P95 doesn't get anywhere near TjMax then I say cooler is doing a good job. Its just to test headroom. Actual use temps should be lower anyway