Archer T9UH dropping connection on use

redcysteine

Hey everyone,

I recently formatted an HDD so I could install Windows 10 Pro (64-bit, build 18363) for gaming purposes. The installation proceeds as normal, except when trying to connect to the internet via my Archer T9UH WiFi dongle. It flat out refuses to work properly, I installed the latest drivers, it connects to the internet, but every time I try to load something it disconnects. I've tried the following and none of it works:

• Rebooting after installation.
  • Disabling power saving on both the device itself and globally.
  • Uninstalling and installing the drivers in this thread. Windows apparently determined that the installed drivers are the best, even though there are none installed. This one is specially baffling since it worked before.
  • Disabling IPv6 on adapter settings.
  • Disabling Legacy USB support in the BIOS. This kinda helped, though it only stopped it from disconnecting whenever I wasn't trying to download something. The moment I tried to, say, download video card drivers, it dropped the moment I hit "download".

I also read from an Amazon review that you need to disable runswusb.exe (or SwUSB.exe) from running as a service, but I haven't been able to find it in the service list. I found the .exe itself, but I can't find it in the service list.

I think the problem is in the USB connection itself, whenever I try to connect, the network adapter disappears from the list and then reappears a second later. I'm honestly at a loss on what to do next though.

My specs:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-core

Mobo: ASUS Republic of Gamers Crosshair V Formula-Z

BIOS: 2201, dated to 03/23/2015

RAM: 20Gb, DDR3 Kingston (8, 8 and 4Gb).

GPU: nVIdia Geforce GTX 1060