Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OBS Streams Perfect but Recording skips a frame every 5-10 minutes

Not sure if this the right place or not, but yea...

So I stream on twitch using a PC + Capture Card. I also use OBS to record to a local storage, for obvious reasons.

PC SPECS:
-Ryzen 5 3600
-Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite w/ Wifi [I am hardwired, WIFI is just for when I need to fix the Hardwire/router]

-GTX 1660 Super

-MSI Mag CoreLiquid 240R

My issue is when I'm streaming, everything is perfectly fine with the stream, no dropped frames, nothing. but when I watch the gameplay recording for my video edits, everything is smooth as silk, then 1 frame skips, runs smooth again for 5-10 minutes, then another frame skipped.

Most the YT videos, and other sources I've checked to solve this issue all say lower my game settings, but I play on console, so those tips don't help.

Thanks in advanced!

Welcome to the forums!

If it's skipping a single frame every 5-10 minutes, is it really a big deal? If it's skipping like 10-20 frames, that's concerning. There may be an issue with the encoder

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

As Someone at the age of 2.338 alien years (whatever that is), built a not terrible but a “gameable” system for $500 USD

As Someone with atrocious coding skills, knows more Unix/Bash more than CMD

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Celeron G4960 (2 whopping cores!)

GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

A Rosewill case I found on eBay (SRM-01B Black)

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 90 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

On 5/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, TheCoder2019 said:

Welcome to the forums!

If it's skipping a single frame every 5-10 minutes, is it really a big deal? If it's skipping like 10-20 frames, that's concerning. There may be an issue with the encoder

well i guess it skips a few frames.. not just one.. sorry .. i just meant it would skip for a moment