Waterblock for RTX 3060 Ti FE

Agilolfinger

Hello Together,

I'm searching for a Waterblock for the RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition.

In a few sources I found the information that RTX 3070 Waterblocks will also fit the 3060 Ti.

EK lists a visual compatibility here: https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109832240

What does this mean visual compatibilty.

Does anyone know a Waterblock dedicated to the RTX 3060 Ti or can confirm that coolers of the 3070 will also fit?

Thank you!

Visual compatibility means can fit but is not made for the card or tested. Basically means that you will be their tester.

The PCBs are identical so it should fit into a 3070 waterblock

Okay. But there are no coolers specifically for the 3060 Ti or tested with the 3060 Ti?

Just now, Agilolfinger said:

Okay. But there are no coolers specifically for the 3060 Ti or tested with the 3060 Ti?

Most likely not, it's rare to find blocks that support anything lower than the xx70 series. I have a Corsair 2070 FE block that also works for my 2060 Super FE. Looks to be the same with your 3060 Ti vs a 3070.  

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

28 minutes ago, Agilolfinger said:

Hello Together,

I'm searching for a Waterblock for the RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition.

In a few sources I found the information that RTX 3070 Waterblocks will also fit the 3060 Ti.

EK lists a visual compatibility here: https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109832240

What does this mean visual compatibilty.

Does anyone know a Waterblock dedicated to the RTX 3060 Ti or can confirm that coolers of the 3070 will also fit?

Thank you!

I don't have much to add here, just make sure spending hundreds on a custom loop is what you want for a 3060ti. At this level you're pretty much spending money on aesthetics. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Most likely not, it's rare to find blocks that support anything lower than the xx70 series. I have a Corsair 2070 FE block that also works for my 2060 Super FE. Looks to be the same with your 3060 Ti vs a 3070.  

Yes looks like it's the same here. I just don't want to break my GPU since it would be very difficult to buy a new one 🙂

5 minutes ago, Agilolfinger said:

Yes looks like it's the same here. I just don't want to break my GPU since it would be very difficult to buy a new one 🙂

If the block is incompatible it wouldn't break your GPU, it just wouldn't fit. If you tried to force it to then it could probably snap something off but you'd have to be pressing it down pretty damn hard. Same as most other computer parts, can't put them together wrong unless you force them to the point of breaking. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

16 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I don't have much to add here, just make sure spending hundreds on a custom loop is what you want for a 3060ti. At this level you're pretty much spending money on aesthetics. 

Yes I know what you mean. I don't think I'm getting more performance with a custom loop.

But my GPU is very loud and hot even in not so demanding games like Trackmania. I hope I can silence the card a bit with water cooling

21 minutes ago, Agilolfinger said:

Yes I know what you mean. I don't think I'm getting more performance with a custom loop.

But my GPU is very loud and hot even in not so demanding games like Trackmania. I hope I can silence the card a bit with water cooling

What case are you using? There's probably far better, and cheaper ways to get your temps down than watercooling. Purchase a new case with better airflow or add more fans to your current build, possibly mod the graphics card, hell, purchase another card with better cooling (such as the asus TUF gaming or such) and uh... Sell your card for... however much you prefer. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

29 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

What case are you using? There's probably far better, and cheaper ways to get your temps down than watercooling. Purchase a new case with better airflow or add more fans to your current build, possibly mod the graphics card, hell, purchase another card with better cooling (such as the asus TUF gaming or such) and uh... Sell your card for... however much you prefer. 

Well I use a BeQuiet DarkBase 700. Just of the only reason that it has an inverted layout. My case is on the left of me on my table so I wanted the glass side to face me.

I think I almost maxed out the fan slots with three fans in the front, one in the bottom for intake. And two fans in the top and one in the back far outtake.

Buying a new one in Germany is almost impossible. New ones are listed for about 1500€ and only 5 or so and there are almost no used ones aswell.