MacBooks With Mini-LED Displays May Be Delayed Until 2022

TheReal1980

Summary

Taiwanese supply chain news website DigiTimes today claimed that the launch of MacBooks with mini-LED displays may be postponed until some point in 2022.

Quotes

While multiple sources have indicated that Apple planned to release the new MacBook Pro models in the second half of 2021, including analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Taiwanese supply chain news website DigiTimes today claimed that the launch of MacBooks with mini-LED displays may be postponed until some point in 2022.

In early March, Japanese publication Nikkei Asia reported that Apple had delayed mass production of two new MacBook models from May or June until the second half of the year, which might be a factor behind the potential launch delay.

The new MacBook Pro models are expected to be powered by an improved iteration of Apple's custom M1 chip. In the event that Apple is facing manufacturing challenges with notebook-sized mini-LED displays, Apple could certainly update the existing MacBook Pro with Apple silicon this year as a stopgap, but it's unclear if the company would do so.

My thoughts

I hope I don't have to wait another year for this as I need a new laptop, but it would not surprise me.

Sources

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/05/17/mini-led-macbooks-possibly-delayed-until-2022/

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

Apple could certainly update the existing MacBook Pro with Apple silicon this year as a stopgap

We already have an M1 MacBook Pro.

Also, sorry, what's MiniLED again? Some evolution of OLED?

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

No, MicroLed is the evolution of OLED. Miniled is like FALD.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

5 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

From what I understand, miniLED does not produce as deep blacks as OLED but it is better at producing the correct colors. Also brightness is much higher on miniLED. microLED will be the one that unites everybody I guess...

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

26 minutes ago, TheReal1980 said:

From what I understand, miniLED does not produce as deep blacks as OLED but it is better at producing the correct colors. Also brightness is much higher on miniLED. microLED will be the one that unites everybody I guess...

microled on laptops and phones is years away. there are no microleds with high enough ppi for laptops and phones.

the only microled tv in existence is 110 inch and only 4K in resolution. that tells you about the density possible now.

1 hour ago, TheReal1980 said:

Summary

Taiwanese supply chain news website DigiTimes today claimed that the launch of MacBooks with mini-LED displays may be postponed until some point in 2022.

Quotes

My thoughts

I hope I don't have to wait another year for this as I need a new laptop, but it would not surprise me.

Sources

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/05/17/mini-led-macbooks-possibly-delayed-until-2022/

Just do it. Don't wait for a better product, unless you are buying an nvidia graphics card before the keynote

MiniLED allows the 400nit display brightness to hit 1000nits with some kind of burst brightness of 1400. What the iPad Pro can do now. More control over black zones of the display and a brighter picture in the sun outside. Game changing if you are one who has glare often. Its worth the wait if you are one who presses brightness up in your environment and it isn’t bright enough. 

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

21 hours ago, avg123 said:

microled on laptops and phones is years away. there are no microleds with high enough ppi for laptops and phones.

the only microled tv in existence is 110 inch and only 4K in resolution. that tells you about the density possible now.

The iPad Pro essentially has the same PPI as it did when it was on an LCD panel. They would just need to put that display on a MacBook.

I'm not surprised, seeing how they're having so much trouble with the iPad Pro right now (apparently people's launch day orders got pushed back a week due to this supply constraint). But if you're looking for a new laptop, just buy the best one available at the time you need it, making sure to maximize your budget, then use it until you can't anymore. If you keep waiting a year for the next new thing, you're gonna be left behind pretty quick.

2 hours ago, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

The iPad Pro essentially has the same PPI as it did when it was on an LCD panel. They would just need to put that display on a MacBook.

I'm not surprised, seeing how they're having so much trouble with the iPad Pro right now (apparently people's launch day orders got pushed back a week due to this supply constraint). But if you're looking for a new laptop, just buy the best one available at the time you need it, making sure to maximize your budget, then use it until you can't anymore. If you keep waiting a year for the next new thing, you're gonna be left behind pretty quick.

i was talking about microled not miniled that is present in ipad