Confused as to why my laptop is a connection killer.

FAZIN
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
38 minutes ago, FAZIN said:

It's a Killer Wireless-AC 1535 I believe

Searching around, you're not the only one with this kind of problem being experienced with the Killer 1535.

You can try completely uninstalling the Killer driver and software suite (use their uninstall utility), then installing the latest driver package from the Killer website.

If that doesn't work, it might be time to replace the adapter with something else.

I have had my laptop, an MSI GS63VR, for almost 3 years now and the entirety of that time it has never failed to confuse me in different ways. The most consistent of that is how it kicks other devices off of my network.

Every time, without fail, that I connect it to my WiFi, every other device on the network gets booted off and cannot reconnect for a couple of minutes while the laptop is able to use the internet. This issue has persisted over 2 ISP's and 3 routers. I have googled myself into oblivion and I still have no idea why this happens.

If anyone knows why this happens, or how it can be fixed, I would greatly appreciate the help. I can provide additional info if it would help.

10 minutes ago, FAZIN said:

I can provide additional info if it would help.

Make/model of wireless adapter?

4 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Make/model of wireless adapter?

38 minutes ago, FAZIN said:

Searching around, you're not the only one with this kind of problem being experienced with the Killer 1535.

You can try completely uninstalling the Killer driver and software suite (use their uninstall utility), then installing the latest driver package from the Killer website.

If that doesn't work, it might be time to replace the adapter with something else.

1 hour ago, Falcon1986 said:

I just replaced my WiFi adapter in my PC. I think I will try my old one in the laptop to see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: Switched it and it seems to have worked.