Questions on High-end 1440p Build for June/July 2021

Exilium

Budget (including currency): 2000 Euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Strictly for gaming at 1440p 120-140hz (preferred) - Modern AAA games (i.e. Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, ...) and RPGs (Divinity Sin...) with an option to also do high-end VR (currently doing VR with PS4) in the future.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a PC from 2016 (prebuilt) bought from Alternate.be in Gamefest (gaming convention here in Belgium) - 1200 euros at the time with a GTX 1070 - 16GB ram that is struggling to keep up with 1440p at 60hz.

I have a 1440p Gsync monitor with up to 165hz overclocked panel (Acer predator) that I would like to continue using. No other peripherals needed just the case.

I was looking for an elegant case with minimal some RGB (maybe just frontal fans) and not a huge tall tower, would rather have a less tall tower to fit under my desk. Maybe HZNT Elite one?

I do not mind AMD or Intel for CPU, but Nvidia for GPU for the Gsync monitor.

I was hesitating to see if 3070 ti and/or 3080 ti would be good to wait for. I am not in a rush to buy and can wait 3-4 months.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you all in advance

Regards

19 minutes ago, Exilium said:

Budget (including currency): 2000 Euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Strictly for gaming at 1440p 120-140hz (preferred) - Modern AAA games (i.e. Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, ...) and RPGs (Divinity Sin...) with an option to also do high-end VR (currently doing VR with PS4) in the future.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a PC from 2016 (prebuilt) bought from Alternate.be in Gamefest (gaming convention here in Belgium) - 1200 euros at the time with a GTX 1070 - 16GB ram that is struggling to keep up with 1440p at 60hz.

I have a 1440p Gsync monitor with up to 165hz overclocked panel (Acer predator) that I would like to continue using. No other peripherals needed just the case.

I was looking for an elegant case with minimal some RGB (maybe just frontal fans) and not a huge tall tower, would rather have a less tall tower to fit under my desk. Maybe HZNT Elite one?

I do not mind AMD or Intel for CPU, but Nvidia for GPU for the Gsync monitor.

I was hesitating to see if 3070 ti and/or 3080 ti would be good to wait for. I am not in a rush to buy and can wait 3-4 months.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you all in advance

Regards

Unless crypto crashes hard, 2-3 months wont make a difference. Shortage is expected to go into late 2022. Start sourcing your GPU now. Join drop sites, check brick and mortar stores. Once you secure your GPU then build your system.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

You might consider some of the Phanteks cases. The Eclipse P360X and Evolve X have attractive non fan lighting.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

31 minutes ago, Exilium said:

Maybe HZNT Elite one?

NZXT cases aren't great for airflow. My personal recommendation is the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh. I have the RGB variant and the thermals are excellent out of the box, though it comes in non-RGB variants as well. It might be a bit bulky for your tastes, though. I'd check out GamersNexus's case reviews - they have a very comprehensive testing methodology for case airflow, and personally I think you can't go wrong with any of their recommendations (they tend to be highly critical, so really any case they don't tear to shreds tends to be a good choice).

57 minutes ago, Exilium said:

Start searching now and you might find a reasonably priced GPU in 3-4 months. If you're gaming at 1440p, probably a 3070 in itself would probably suffice, even for VR, just to keep your options open.  Make sure that a 3080 Ti won't obliterate your budget, though - they start at US$999 (so probably ~€850), and with how stock is you might be forced to buy an AIB model that's far more expensive than that, so that's already eating up a good chunk of your budget.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)