Cant get to BIOS, boots fine to OS

Hey guys, been a while since ive used these forums but im too lazy to wait the 3-7 business days Gigabyte offers for their support, so hopefully some kind hearted souls here can help me get past this problem,

So i recently upgraded to a Ryzen 5800x and a Gigabyte Vision B550 motherboard, aswell as 32gb of Cosair Vengeance ram, i build the computer and got into the bios and set it all up and it was fine, but i then added 3 new fans to the system and realised i need to adjust my fan curve for my AIO because its way too loud, so when i restarted after installing the fans the computer just black screens until it hits the windows sign in.

So the motherboard has a Error Code on it thankfully, and the 2 codes i either get from spamming delete are, AB (Wait user command in BIOS setup) / 02  (which isnt even in the manual, but appears to be something related to the CPU)

Whenever i get either of those codes the monitor diplays nothing and the light on the monitor just blinks waiting for input, if i press nothing after booting it will load normal and i can sign in fine. I have also updated all drivers for the new parts since installing also

Attempted fixes,

1. hard shutting down the computer to boot into safe mode, didnt work

2. removing the battery from the motherboard multiple times, unplugging the computer and holding the power button

All of these have failed, so im turrning to you LTT Forums,

Anything will be appreciated,

Thanks, Robson 🙂

entering bios from windows (not sure if it's like this in latest versions) : 

1. Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
  2. Select Update & Security.
  3. Select Recovery from the left menu.
  4. Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. ...
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
  6. Click Advanced options.
  7. Select UEFI Firmware Settings. ...
  8. Click Restart.

usually you enter bios by pressing DEL or F2 ... so just hold button at boot? 

Sometimes a PS/2 keyboard does wonders, as it's connected directly to the IO chip and not through usb controllers ...

20210517_150637.thumb.jpg.aae43ba6821cdbedf3d09b73cd2dfa2d.jpg

the text is here for some reason I'm not sure, so I did what you said and it left me with AA (reserved, my understanding is it's just fine) and when I hold delete after turning on the pc it left me with 02, and a black screen.

Edit, if i restart after doing this it still does not show the bios / show the screen to press delete

ram is not installed properly.

Must be one empty slot between them. and ideally the furthest slot from the cpu must be filled and then the slot to the left, with one slot left empty.

so basically if slot closest to the cpu is number 1, place the memory sticks in slot 2 and 4

Are you using DisplayPort for your monitor connection?
Some motherboards don't initialize DisplayPort correctly and you won't get a BIOS splash screen.

elephants

3 hours ago, mariushm said:

Must be one empty slot between them. and ideally the furthest slot from the cpu must be filled and then the slot to the left, with one slot left empty.

so basically if slot closest to the cpu is number 1, place the memory sticks in slot 2 and 4

ok yea, noob error, going to fix and see if it help anything. thanks for pointing that out

3 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Are you using DisplayPort for your monitor connection?
Some motherboards don't initialize DisplayPort correctly and you won't get a BIOS splash screen.

no hdmi for main monitor and a DP for side, so would expect it to pick one, 

3 hours ago, mariushm said:

unfortunately that hasnt changed anything, i didnt think it would because it was installed that way prior and was able to get into bios, slightly annoyed now because since i reset the bios by removing the battery my rams gone to 2133mhz 😞