How can I assign a macro (or something similar) to disable keyboard?

mqmqmq

So I place my phone on my keyboard whenever I am watching YT because I don't have the desk space to move the keyboard comfortably back enough and I like the extra elevation. However, I usually have my PC on as well and sometimes multiple keys get pressed and messes things up. It would be very inconvenient to unplug my keyboard or go through a bunch of settings every time. So I was wondering how I could set up something more convenient than that, like a macro or something. Thanks

And how would you reenable the Keyboard? Start a new Text file when you place your phone on the KB. Simply close the file w/o saving when done.

There are couple of options. One is simple on/off switch for USB. The other is getting some cover on top of your keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/Electop-USB-Switch-Extension-Inline/dp/B07CG2VGWG/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=usb+on+off&qid=1621278351&sr=8-3 Problem solved.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There are also options with AutoHotkey.

Place your phone in your lap?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Go to your local dollar store, pick up something like this

Spoiler

Desktop or Wall Mount Deep File Holder - Azar Displays

Mount it to the wall or the side of your desk (screws or double sided tape/velcro) and put your phone in it.

Spoiler

Great idea! | Diy office organization, Home office organization, Home  organization

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro