Huawei Matebook D16 - max SSD 1TB?? Can I change SSD without losing warranty?

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to buy this laptop but came across something that bothers me in it specs - https://consumer.huawei.com/en/laptops/matebook-d-16-amd/ :

7. 2 TB refers to the maximum capacity supported by two hard disk slots. A single hard disk slot supports a maximum of 1 TB capacity. Only supports M.2 2280 SSD storage.

Is it possible, or is it just an error? I have got 2tb Intel 660p and I can`t imagine that a modern laptop, released in 2021 won`t support such size.

On top of that what about warranty when you open the laptop and change SSD? I know that many companies don`t bother when changing SSD and RAM but don`t know Huawei`s policy.

Thanks! 

i did something like this with using a tissue and when going to screw the screws putting tissue on it and gently screw them out replace nicely and re close it

Just now, Benji said:

Well, the capacity doesn't even depend on the laptop or motherboard itself, but rather by the OS and what that supports. I doubt that they can limit how large an SSD can be.

Warranty? Well, to my knowledge, at least in the European Union you won't lose warranty should you open up your device.

Yes, it`s EU, Huawei gives 3 years for those laptops now so I wouldn`t want to lose it. Their support obviously says that opening the laptop and changing something means out of warranty. But I think every support says that and I don`t think it`s legal. Why wouldn`t it be possible to change the SSD when they sell it only with 512GB? 

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Because they would want you to buy a larger model right from them instead of buying a low-end model and changing the parts yourself.

But as long as it's a regular M.2 2280 port, I don't see why a larger SSD wouldn't work.

But they don`t sell anything bigger than 512GB 🙂