Screens(and peripherals) turning off while booting up.

User915059
Go to solution Solved by User915059,

My CPU was not overclocked as i tested PC. It was first thing i thought about to set base clocks on CPU and RAM as well. Storage never contained more then a half of its capacity. However problem seems to be storage somehow. I have no idea how it could affect boot and display but it works fine once i installed windows on my HDD. Thanks for usefull tips and i hope that i wont expierience such a disaster again with my current system drive.Thread was inactive as i tested if the system wont boot properly but i think that solves the problem.

Hello my dudes!

I am writing in response to lack of any hope in my troubleshooting skills.

Some time ago my PC started going wild with random unsuccessful boots, i would say half a year or more ago. Didnt bother too much until recently i started using my pc to study (after 2 years) and i have following problem:

When booting up there are fiew scenarios that happen,

1st option is that  everything works fine, (1/10),

2nd scenario is most common and while booting my peripherals turn off, along with both screens (sometimes also screens freeze or windows loading animation(those rotating dots) lags horribly and then screens turn off) however pc works except of no input and output from it(6/10)

last but not least 3rd scenario when nothing works from the beggining (except the pc itself powering on fans spinning and mobo works exactly like it should.)(3/10)

also, very rarely maybe 1 in 100 times pc freezes while working on it.

Steps i've made to make this PC work:

Drivers update if possible, Dissasembling and assembling back, changing my thermal paste (temps are fine with 68 C on the hottest part under medium load), attempting to update bios unsuccesfully (couldnt find bios image despite it definitly there). Making sure that my extension cord is grounded well, I even screwed all my radiator screws and it still doesnt work.

specs:

mobo: Msi b450 a-pro

RAM: XPG Adata 32 GB 2x16 3200 Mhz

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

GPU: Gtx 1060 (6gb) windforce II oc

HDD: toshiba p300 3tb

SSD:patriot burst 500gb

SSD M.2 NVME: 256 gb

Wifi ethernet card: TP-link Archer T9E

PSU: BeQuiet 650W 80+bronze

Similar Forums i've searched for:

this one here

Still after all that time i have no idea either its the hardware or software issue. In the worst case scenario i guess i will restart my pc dozens of times and it will eventually work, although i hope we can find some solution together.

Ask for any additional info if needed, i will do my best to deliver those.

Thank you in advance

Pawel Gainski

Try resetting your ram to stock speeds of 2400mhz and see if that fixes things. Ram issues tend to result in very weird issues and some of your issues sound like ram issues so its worth a try. Additionally you can test out one ram stick at a time while also alternating ram slots to eliminate any potential bad sticks of ram or dim slots on the motherboard. 

I've done some testing and it seems either not to be related with RAM or all of my RAM sticks are broken. Cant test the second option yet but its very unlikely.

I had been testing in last 50 minutes: all of my memory slots with both dices one at the time and also two dices on slots 2/4 and 1/3 (1 and 3 previously not used).

11 hours ago, User915059 said:

I've done some testing and it seems either not to be related with RAM or all of my RAM sticks are broken. Cant test the second option yet but its very unlikely.

I had been testing in last 50 minutes: all of my memory slots with both dices one at the time and also two dices on slots 2/4 and 1/3 (1 and 3 previously not used).

Is your cpu overclocked at all? You could try turning it back to stock to see if that helps. I would also double check that all power connections are secured completely. Another issue might be your storage. Sometimes when ssds are super full they tend not function well so you could try and free up as much space as you can on your ssds. As for the harddrive I would disconnect it if you don't need it that way you can test without it interfering at all. If all else fails reinstalling windows can sometimes work and if you don't have the windows key you can do a reset in windows itself to basically reinstall windows. That would be my last resort as you want to make sure it is not a hardware issue first before reinstalling windows. Then again if you don't have anything important that you need to keep and want to reinstall windows first that works as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

My CPU was not overclocked as i tested PC. It was first thing i thought about to set base clocks on CPU and RAM as well. Storage never contained more then a half of its capacity. However problem seems to be storage somehow. I have no idea how it could affect boot and display but it works fine once i installed windows on my HDD. Thanks for usefull tips and i hope that i wont expierience such a disaster again with my current system drive.Thread was inactive as i tested if the system wont boot properly but i think that solves the problem.