PC doesn't turn on but is receiving power

Shark800

so my pc wont turn on but still gets power as the lights on the ethernet is on. The fan don't spin and nothing is working tried moving the plug(as the plug could be dead) and i have tried flash the bios by pressing the flash button on the motherboard, but nothing. i did do a windows update and after that i shut my pc down and now it doesn't turn on, please help.

thanks in advance,

Shark

Turn off PSU. Remove CMOS battery for 5 min. Remove all USB devices. Flash BIOS with USB. make sure you have done this right. Using the correct formatting on USB drive and naming of the BIOS file. Check the manual for the motherboard. I cant provide this for you as you havent listed your secs

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Turn off PSU. Remove CMOS battery for 5 min. Remove all USB devices. Flash BIOS with USB. make sure you have done this right. Using the correct formatting on USB drive and naming of the BIOS file. Check the manual for the motherboard. I cant provide this for you as you havent listed your secs

No need to wait 5 minutes, press the power button repeatedly, that will drain residual energy in the system.

* Remove ALL usb, all hard/solid drives, basically everything not needed for the basic function of the system.
* Remove all RAM sticks from the mobo. Test a single stick on several slots and make sure its seated properly. 
* If your CPU has an iGPU, then remove your GPU too.
* Reseat all your cables...

Basically you want to troubleshoot all the pieces see if you can find the cause of the issues 😞

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

@DoctorNick

specs are

aurous 2070 super 

i7 10700k

32gb corsair vengeance rgb pro

corsair psu 750w (full modular)

mother bored gigabyte gaming x z490

2tb m.2 serbrent (SB-ROCKET-2TB)

if you need more specs please say so

• 1 month later...