ClickMonitorDDC small cpu usage when moving the mouse

Go to solution Solved by miderat,

I just found out, in ClickMonitorDDC-settings, manage mouse, there is an option Utilize mouse-wheel,
by unchecking this option, no mouse-hook will be installed, and therefore this minimal cpu-load will be gone.

I decided to download ClickMonitorDDC, as I want to adjust my main monitor from software, it worked well, but I noticed that it is using up to 2% cpu when im moving my mouse around, anyone know why it would be doing that?

I use a 7 year old  i7 4790K processor, and even with heavy mouse-movement I can only temporarily force a cpu-load of 1 %, most time it stays zero, but you are right there is a very small negligible cpu-load. The reason is, that ClickMonitorDDC h

I use a 7 year old  i7 4790K processor, and even with heavy mouse-movement I can only temporarily force a cpu-load of 1 %, most time it stays zero, but you are right there is a very small negligible cpu-load. The reason is, that ClickMonitorDDC has to use a mouse-hook, so it can interpret all mouse-activities.
ClickMonitiorDDC cannot only rely on windows-mouse-messages, it has to check all mouse-events to find out if there was a scroll-activity over its taskbar-notification-icons, because ClickMonitorDC has this very great feature to increase/decrease brightness and so on, just by using scroll-wheel over taskbar-icon, but windows does not send a message for using scrollbar over taskbar-icon, only for clicking, so ClickMonitorDDC has to check all mouse-activities in order to find out, if there is a scroll-event AND if this is happening over the taskbar-icon-position. This is no dirty-hack, these hook-functions are just windows-functions, so the reason for this minimal CPU-load is that ClickmonitorDDC has to do some interpreting and calculating, because there is no windows-message für using scrool-wheel over taskbar-icons. ClickMonitorDDC is really a gem, there are other brightness and so on monitor-tools, but neither other tool is as clever as ClickMonitorDDC, most other tools seems to work fine, but they often fail under some special circumstances, like switching users, monitor sleep, monitor on/off, multiple monitors, whatever, but ClickMonitorDDC just handles all these special cases, too bad that development of this program seems to have stopped, but on the other hand, I think this program is really complete, there are so many features inside...

a mouse-hook, so it can interpret all mouse-activities.

ClickMonitiorDDC cannot only rely on windows-mouse-messages, it has to check all mouse-events to find out if there was a scroll-activity over its taskbar-notification-icons, because ClickMonitorDC has this very great feature to increase/decrease brightness and so on, just by using scroll-wheel over taskbar-icon, but windows does not send a message for using scrollbar over taskbar-icon, only for clicking, so ClickMonitorDDC has to check all mouse-activities in order to find out, if there is a scroll-event AND if this is happening over the taskbar-icon-position. This is no dirty-hack, these hook-functions are just windows-functions, so the reason for this minimal CPU-load is that ClickmonitorDDC has to do some interpreting and calculating, because there is no windows-message für using scrool-wheel over taskbar-icons. ClickMonitorDDC is really a gem, there are other brightness and so on monitor-tools, but neither other tool is as clever as ClickMonitorDDC, most other tools seems to work fine, but they often fail under some special circumstances, like switching users, monitor sleep, monitor on/off, multiple monitors, whatever, but ClickMonitorDDC just handles all these special cases, too bad that development of this program seems to have stopped, but on the other hand, I think this program is really complete, there ar

I just found out, in ClickMonitorDDC-settings, manage mouse, there is an option Utilize mouse-wheel,
by unchecking this option, no mouse-hook will be installed, and therefore this minimal cpu-load will be gone.