Cannot get 144hz to work on monitor

hash16778

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a working 144hz connection from my laptop to my ASUS VG248QE, but nothing is working. DVI does support 144hz for the monitor, but my HDMI-DVI adapter doesn't support 144hz - I posted a previous thread about this issue, and learned that it doesn't support it at all, either. 144hz through DisplayPort is supposed to work for my monitor as well, but the port doesn't recognize any signal, which is a common issue with my monitor. I've tried numerous fixes, including the most common one of unplugging the monitor for a little bit and trying again, but that didn't work either. 

I'm really at a dead end here. The DisplayPort connection on my monitor doesn't work, so the only solution is to use an HDMI to DVI adapter that supports 144hz, but that subject's really unclear and various adapters and HDMI-DVI cables on Amazon are also very unclear if they support 144hz. 

Is there any possible way I can get a 144hz connection from my laptop to my monitor? Any help would really be appreciated.

The problem is that for 144 Hz you need dual-link DVI, and HDMI to DVI adapters typically can't do that. You can use this handy topic on the display forum:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=HDMI&input=DVI

Just switch output and input to match what you have and you get a ton of info about adapters and such.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

is it a new monitor, and why the port might not be working for other connectors?

if returning it for something that works.