Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestions for AM3+ custom loops parts?

Go to solution Solved by 8-Bit Ninja,
47 minutes ago, jaslion said:

A generic aio.

Why spend so much money on a bad cpu?

55 minutes ago, PointFive said:

Alright fine, let me rephrase the question: suggested custom loop parts that was good for the era of the FX 8350

This exactly, why spend the $500-$600 needed to build a decent loop when you could upgrade the CPU and MOBO and get a massively larger performance bump than you would from OCing an 8350

I just got my self an FX 8350, and plan to custom water cool it. I want to custom liquid cool it, on a "budget". For the rad, I would probably go with a 360mm.

What I am mainly looking for is older parts, since I personally think it is more fitting with the era of the FX 8350. Using a modern EKWB or Barrow is good, but just doesn't feel right. Because I have just started being an enthusiast like 7 years ago, I don't really know much about the custom loop scene then so I don't really know any good "old" parts. So yea, I want to ask your guy's suggestions for all the parts, and even which should I just go modern with.

(What I meant by budget being a more cheaper option, I don't really have a fixed budget but a good used one is also preferable, I don't want to blow like US$ 300 on this, so yes.)

Thanks in advance mates!

Cheap and custom loop build don't really go together. You buy a cheap pump its going to be loud and wont last long. You buy cheap fittings the O rings will fail sooner rather than later and piss fluid everywhere. Honestly if your budget wont let you do it properly I'd suggest just buying an AIO that will perform as well for less and be quieter and more reliable 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Cheap and custom loop build don't really go together

Alright fine, let me rephrase the question: suggested custom loop parts that was good for the era of the FX 8350

7 minutes ago, PointFive said:

A generic aio.

47 minutes ago, jaslion said:

A generic aio.

55 minutes ago, PointFive said:

This exactly, why spend the $500-$600 needed to build a decent loop when you could upgrade the CPU and MOBO and get a massively larger performance bump than you would from OCing an 8350

5 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

That and most 8350's aren't that good of overclockers especially on not build for overclocking boards. Most cap around 4.4ghz pushing it any further doesn't work or you fry the board.