is mining bad for my 3060ti

41 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Then im really confused, the person who replied to me just said back what i said?

It was an illustrative example. The dollar has no value. Goverments are literally just printing money with nothing behind it, yet you deem it valuable because you can buy things with it. We are made to believe diamonds are scarce and valuable (they're not) mostly because of a single company. GPUs go for $3k because people value them at $3k.

From that same perspective cryptocurrencies have value. We're not just guessing random numbers al day and then go "hey you got it! here's $5000 for guessing the right number. Next number, go.". Crypto provides a decentralised network for a variety of transactions and a currency to pay with on that network. People value that network and/or the coin, plus we can buy things with it as well, so it has value. It's also in limited supply in some cases, which always helps boost value if things get popular.

The key point is that value is always subjective. You could own the sole dollar bill in the entire planet. If nobody has interest it and you can't spend it anywhere, it has no value. Saying folding is better than mining is similar to saying I'm better than you because I study medicine while you waste time and energy studying particle physics.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB