Spilt a slight amount of tea on the front of my PC case, help please

Dpp3004

So basically I got tangled in my headset wire when getting up and launched a full mug of tea on the floor, upon further inspection I saw that the tea had made its way into my front audio jacks and USB ports, there was a tiny drop in my actual pc case but it wasn’t touching any of the components, I dried it up and tested to see if it would work, it did.. it turned on and was stable so I left it overnight at that. I come back today and find out it has stopped working, I’ve got an MSI b450 tomahawk motherboard, I’ve attached a picture here and need to know what hardware is damaged as shown by the red LEDs. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated:(

D36A659C-A3E0-45B4-BAC5-E2213D357746.jpeg

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I would disconnect the affected parts from other components electrically

Then rinse it in water, preferably distilled water to rid of the substances in your tea that dried up at the ports, then make sure it's dried thoroughly, preferably if you can pour a bit of 99% isopropyl alcohol to flush out the moisture, then let it dry

Its fine to wet your components as long as there's no power source connected (ie, battery, capacitors, or PSU)

The front io ports are fine as they're just PCB, push buttons, LED, and connectors

For your casing or parts that can easily be accessed, a towel slightly damped with water would wipe it down just fine, and make sure you dry it to prevent corrosion

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I would disconnect the affected parts from other components electrically

Then rinse it in water, preferably distilled water to rid of the substances in your tea that dried up at the ports, then make sure it's dried thoroughly, preferably if you can pour a bit of 99% isopropyl alcohol to flush out the moisture, then let it dry

Its fine to wet your components as long as there's no power source connected (ie, battery, capacitors, or PSU)

The front io ports are fine as they're just PCB, push buttons, LED, and connectors

For your casing or parts that can easily be accessed, a towel slightly damped with water would wipe it down just fine, and make sure you dry it to prevent corrosion

Is there any way for me to know what he affected parts are? After the spillage I checked and couldn’t see any tea on any of the components, the pc powers on but it doesn’t boot to the screens and is then followed by those red LEDs in the picture, before the screens stopped working it got stuck in a repair loop on startup 

2 minutes ago, Dpp3004 said:

Is there any way for me to know what he affected parts are? After the spillage I checked and couldn’t see any tea on any of the components, the pc powers on but it doesn’t boot to the screens and is then followed by those red LEDs in the picture, before the screens stopped working it got stuck in a repair loop on startup 

I can't really say where the tea has been as the description is kind of vague, but I would disconnect the front panel IO before proceeding if I know the tea got in there

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately