Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need some advice on how will I ground my PC.

Hi, please give me some advice on how will I ground my PC. Our whole building does not have grounded outlets (so does most of the buildings here in PH) so I use an adapter for my plug (from 3 prong to 2). My PC electrocutes me a lot so I looked up some solution and ended up using a wire connected to my PC case and a ground rod. It eliminated the shocks I get from touching my PC. I am not sure though if this is the best solution available to me because I've read that ungrounded PCs can damage the components as well. I'm curious if it is better to ground the 3rd prong on the plug or would it be the same. I am also concerned about the ground rod because there is no actual ground/earth around our building so it is placed in the sewers. There is actual ground below it but I am concerned if the rod touching the water is fine. I really lack knowledge about electricity and have so many questions like if there is a chance that the ground/water will be charged by some source of electricity and fry my PC haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if the grounding rod you have gets rid of the tingle (not "electrocuted" -- that's something entirely different...) when you touch the case, it's probably good enough...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought so. I've also read that this should not happen even if the plug is not grounded. I think something/somewhere within my PC is causing this. I just hope that it won't damage my PC long term. I don't see any problems right now unlike others who posted that had some issues on their screen and audio. Thank you for the reply!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×