Laptop Fan goes on full blast after waking up from sleep (or opening lid after a while)

Hey everyone! 

I've purchased an Asus ZenBook 14 (UM433IQ) recently (a month back) and I have been encountering some weird issue with my laptop. 

When I normally use my laptop for a while and close the lid or stay AFK with the screen going off, when I reopen the lid or wake the laptop, the fan goes on full blast without stopping anytime soon (even after hours of using)

But when this issue happens, I shut down my laptop and reboot it. Then, the fan stops and works quietly with business as usual. 

Note: This issue doesn't happen every time, but it appears randomly. 

Is there any possible solution for this and should I be worried? Or is it a fixable issue? Please let me know. 

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, RevenG504 said:

Hey everyone! 

I've purchased an Asus ZenBook 14 (UM433IQ) recently (a month back) and I have been encountering some weird issue with my laptop. 

When I normally use my laptop for a while and close the lid or stay AFK with the screen going off, when I reopen the lid or wake the laptop, the fan goes on full blast without stopping anytime soon (even after hours of using)

But when this issue happens, I shut down my laptop and reboot it. Then, the fan stops and works quietly with business as usual. 

Note: This issue doesn't happen every time, but it appears randomly. 

Is there any possible solution for this and should I be worried? Or is it a fixable issue? Please let me know. 

Thanks! 

I use a ZenBook with Intel that is somewhat similar and have never seen anything like that, which is funny as I'd expect an Intel ZenBook to love blasting the fans even more, yet I never hear them. Try unlocking the laptop and press Fn and F at the same time, then cycle through the fan modes; leave it on silent for, well, silent, or performance if you need it. Also check your Windows power settings. When this happens, do you have many programs open?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

31 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

Also check your Windows power settings. When this happens, do you have many programs open?

My windows power settings have very limited functionality or options as to what I've seen in other laptops in youtube videos. 

This happens irrespective of apps open or close. 

As far as the fan mode is concerned, making it silent during this fan blasting thing does not help.

Thanks for the rest of advice, will look into it. 

Still, if anyone can relate to this please let me know

Screenshot 2021-05-15 232727.png

On 5/15/2021 at 9:28 PM, RevenG504 said:

My windows power settings have very limited functionality or options as to what I've seen in other laptops in youtube videos. 

This happens irrespective of apps open or close. 

As far as the fan mode is concerned, making it silent during this fan blasting thing does not help.

Thanks for the rest of advice, will look into it. 

Still, if anyone can relate to this please let me know

Screenshot 2021-05-15 232727.png

Ah yeah, just checked on my ZenBook and there's not much in the way of power settings. I had to manually add a couple to let me limit the CPU speed on battery.

When this happens, is it just a short burst or does it endlessly spin?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

On 5/17/2021 at 5:44 PM, AMD A10-9600P said:

When this happens, is it just a short burst or does it endlessly spin?

It spins endlessly on full speed (as if im rendering a 4k video) unless I completely shut down the laptop. then it stops. then I can reboot and use normally with silent fans. 

Although its controllable using the above method, it gets quite frustrating having to do that. 

17 hours ago, RevenG504 said:

It spins endlessly on full speed (as if im rendering a 4k video) unless I completely shut down the laptop. then it stops. then I can reboot and use normally with silent fans. 

Although its controllable using the above method, it gets quite frustrating having to do that. 

Are there any updates in MyASUS?

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB