can i pair 2666hz on my laptop with 2400hz ram?

i ordered a new 8gb ram for it but the ram that came is 2666hz will it work???????????????/plz help me

it will probably work and run at 2400mhz. probably.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

mostly yes, the faster ram will simply downclock to the slower ram

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The hell did you get 2400hz ram? 

I'd the like sdr?

/s

Yeah, it will work.

Just at 2400mhz

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

The hell did you get 2400hz ram? 

I'd the like sdr?

/s

Yeah, it will work.

Just at 2400mhz

the 2400mhz is already in the laptop i bought the 2666 mhz to upgrade

if you have read the details of your laptop on what it can support then sure...

it will likely say what RAM it supports?

1 minute ago, Chirayu_vyas said:

nvme ssds for laptops and desktops are same right?????

Yeah.

You can put any two speeds of ram, just they would run at the speed of the slowest stick

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

yes, but do note the lenght that is supported.

difference in smaller or larger ones. like this -- or this ------   loooong

also if it's m.2 nvme or not. reeeeeeeeeeeee

A couple of options depending on manufacturer, cpu and memory kit. 

1, if you have, say a Dell laptop, you can hack the bios and do memory overclocking from grub shell. i did this on precision 5520. worked so-so tbh, but the method was correct. other bios:es from other manufacturers also have hidden options. 

2. there are 2666-kits with a 2400 mt/s jdec spec. if not, then it might down clock to 2133. google the K23K42K34K234923849283498 model number and try to find out what the spec is.

3. mixing ram sticks is usually a bad idea.

merged your 2 threads. do not make another thread with the same topic.

==moved to laptops==

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

9 minutes ago, biljett said:

A couple of options depending on manufacturer, cpu and memory kit. 

1, if you have, say a Dell laptop, you can hack the bios and do memory overclocking from grub shell. i did this on precision 5520. worked so-so tbh, but the method was correct. other bios:es from other manufacturers also have hidden options. 

2. there are 2666-kits with a 2400 mt/s jdec spec. if not, then it might down clock to 2133. google the K23K42K34K234923849283498 model number and try to find out what the spec is.

3. mixing ram sticks is usually a bad idea.

i bought the hp pavallion gaming

3 hours ago, Chirayu_vyas said:

i bought the hp pavallion gaming

so if the question is, 'what should i buy?' open it up, google the model number on the ram stick installed, and buy a matching stick. Or, sell the included stick, and buy two matching sticks.