Using 2 AIO's in one system?

Tienenaar

I plan on building a new pc once the prices for GPU's go back to "normal" prices.
I plan on using AIO's to cool my CPU & GPU. Could I use two systems?
One AIO for the CPU & a second AIO for the GPU? 
I can fit 2 360 waterblocks in my case so I do have the space for it.
Would it be possible and are there things I need to look out for?
The picture is the case I'll be using, a Raijintek NYX Pro in yellow.

CA04JRT_243861_800x800.jpg

That is a COOL CASE if I've ever seen one.

I think you need to take the space for tubing into account.
Otherwise I wouldn't see why not, actually.

Building and repairing PC's for many years / Previous head of Apple Repair Center Team NL /

Audio Engineer / Daily Driving Linux since my parents basement

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professional Purposes and on the go: MacBook Pro Retina 15" / Apple Mac Mini 2019 (i7)
Flight Simulation / Gaming / Daily: Self built [AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 32GB DDR4 3200 / GTX 1660 OC / Windows 10 Pro / Fedora KDE (dual boot)

Plex Media Server + Home Assistant: Intel NUC

Data Server: i7 860 / 24GB DDR3 / 10TB / unRAID
Mobile: OnePlus Nord 2 / Lenovo IdeaPad Duet / Apple iPad Air 1

You could just get a gpu with an aio...

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

You could just get a gpu with an aio...

I assume that's he means though

16 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Ah. It sounded like strapping a CPU one to a gpu (which you can do so....)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Yes, I want to run one 360 mm AIO on the GPU at the top and a second 360 mm AIO at the front for the CPU but keep to separate loops. So two pomps, two radiators, and 6 fans in total. 
Would I need to connect the CPU pomp and GPU pomp to the same sensor for temperature control? 
Would it be possible to keep them completely separate so there is a GPU temperature probe controlling it's pomp and fans and a second CPU temperature probe doing the same for the CPU. 
Would ramp up the fans and pomp if one gets hotter if it's running a task that's only affecting that component and not ramping up the other AIO.

And yes, there will be mods done on and in the case, already started with "tinting" the side windows blue with careless window tinting film. 😛

2 hours ago, Tienenaar said:

Yes, I want to run one 360 mm AIO on the GPU at the top and a second 360 mm AIO at the front for the CPU but keep to separate loops. So two pomps, two radiators, and 6 fans in total. 
Would I need to connect the CPU pomp and GPU pomp to the same sensor for temperature control? 
Would it be possible to keep them completely separate so there is a GPU temperature probe controlling it's pomp and fans and a second CPU temperature probe doing the same for the CPU. 
Would ramp up the fans and pomp if one gets hotter if it's running a task that's only affecting that component and not ramping up the other AIO.

And yes, there will be mods done on and in the case, already started with "tinting" the side windows blue with careless window tinting film. 😛

If that's the route you want to go down you are much better off purchasing a GPU with a built in AIO.  

16 hours ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

If that's the route you want to go down you are much better off purchasing a GPU with a built in AIO.  

That's what I plan to do once they are back to "normal" prices. 

Is there something I need to look for when buying one like for connections to have it monitored by the motherboard?? Fan speed, pomp controller, , temperature probe, ...

1 hour ago, Tienenaar said:

That's what I plan to do once they are back to "normal" prices. 

Is there something I need to look for when buying one like for connections to have it monitored by the motherboard?? Fan speed, pomp controller, , temperature probe, ...

No, the GPU will be able to control its own pumps and fans. All you'll have to do is plug in the PSU power and install it in the PCIE slot 

Its simple:
AIO for CPU -> AIO header on motherboard -> dont have AIO header on motherboard? -> Norm Fan header
GPU with AIO preinstalled -> install the card normally (no need to think about that pump)
"CPU" AIO on a GPU? -> Waterpump header on MB -> dont have? -> Norm Fan header on MB

Fans -> connect them to the MB and find fan curves that works for you.
1 Fan header can take up to 3 fans or 1 AIO pump