How to transfer WhatsApp from samsung to iphone (Free)

The Torrent

My mate wants to do this and asked if theres any way to do this free or if he should buy this 20 quid software??!?

and im like there must be some way to do it free.

I think whatsapp has a built in export option, and then you can send it to yourself via email and import it on the Android phone.
Definatly no need to pay for software to do this, im quite sure thats a scam.

(It might work but its still a scam of the program itself can do it for free, imho!)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Last time I did this I did;

• Force killed whatsapp in the source device.
  • Copied entire Whatsapp folder from the source device to PC.
  • DID NOT install whatsapp on the destination device.
  • copied the Whatsapp folder from PC to internal storage of the destination device.
  • Installed whatsapp on the destination device and once logged in, it recovered contents automatically.

If these doesnt work you can always backup using whatsapp's own backup feature and resture on the new phone.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You log in on your whatsapp on the new phone and that is all you need to do. It will ask to recover from a online backup and you are done.

This assumes Backup was enabled and properly configured. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You log in on your whatsapp on the new phone and that is all you need to do. It will ask to recover from a online backup and you are done.

8 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I think whatsapp has a built in export option, and then you can send it to yourself via email and import it on the Android phone.
Definatly no need to pay for software to do this, im quite sure thats a scam.

(It might work but its still a scam of the program itself can do it for free, imho!)

Edit: And to clarify this part, as far as I know you can email yourself a backup, but there is no way to restore the backup on the iPhone.

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

Last time I did this I did;

• Force killed whatsapp in the source device.
  • Copied entire Whatsapp folder from the source device to PC.
  • DID NOT install whatsapp on the destination device.
  • copied the Whatsapp folder from PC to internal storage of the destination device.
  • Installed whatsapp on the destination device and once logged in, it recovered contents automatically.

If these doesnt work you can always backup using whatsapp's own backup feature and resture on the new phone.

I have a feeling either you guys missed the part where this is transferring from android to iOS (vs android to android or iOS to iOS), or you have never tried this before. Unless something major has changed in the way the app works fairly recently, there is no native solution to do this.

Edited by The_russian

13 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Edit: And to clarify this part, as far as I know you can email yourself a backup, but there is no way to restore the backup on the iPhone.

I have a feeling either you guys missed the part where this is transferring from android to iOS (vs android to android or iOS to iOS), or you have never tried this before. Unless something major has changed in the way the app works fairly recently, there is no native solution to do this.

so do you know any way of actually doing it?

Nope, had to use a paid app the one time I did that.

23 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That only works if you stay on the same OS, not between android and iOS.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Nope, had to use a paid app the one time I did that.

which app did you use and how much was it?

And also do u know how these paid apps actually work? What can they do that we can't?

Just now, The Torrent said:

so do you know any way of actually doing it?

Unfortunately I do not, I was in the same situation a few months ago and didn’t find a way to do it. I didn’t trust random sketchy looking websites that claim they could transfer data, so I ended up not transferring anything. Sorry I couldn’t be of help, if anyone else has an idea that might work, I’m all ears.

10 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

which app did you use and how much was it?

Was too long ago, don't remember.

10 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

And also do u know how these paid apps actually work? What can they do that we can't?

Basically they reverse-engineer the different ways the app stores its data on Google Drive and iCloud and figured out how to convert from one to another and how to upload to the other service so it's recognised.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Do you really need to have all your old conversations? This is a chance to start fresh.

You can archive the old chats to a PC if for some reason you need them.